My friend and I's new 'just for fun' project: The Dragon Slayer Sword

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

akirahz

We're going to attempt to replicate the sword represented in the actual photo @ his metal shop where he works (plasma cutters, machine cutters, welders, grinders, different slabs of metals.. etc).

Its overall length is going to be 7.6 feet, its widest part at the base will be about 15.6 inches (or around there). We're going to use pure Steel @ 1/8th inch thickness for the "blade slab". We estimate it to weigh around 35-40 lbs.

Its a fantasy blade from a manga called "berserk", or comic book. Its just something for fun, I'll def be shooting some photos of it, as it is to be mine when its finished : > (hurray!).. prob hang it on the wall or something after its done with, as it has no actual or practical use.

Just thought id share it n see what other hobbies people might be doing @ home aside from the one we all know and love :)

-cheers!

schematic.jpg

very nice. make that edge sharp! replicas are weak in that respect, but this one looks like a beast to me (just dont get drunk @ at a party with it!)

Ha ha, shouldn't be a problem since i don't ever drink, yucky :( -- This type of blade is too thick to be of much use for actual sharpness or cutting, its more for crushing and busting , the massive internal injuries would be the main cause of death if you were to strike someone with it. That is if you have the ungodly strength to wield it properly : >

Some other guy made one in ireland , even has a video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR1gCSO9NB0

Okay got some new stats here, the previous stats we're far too large - these stats come straight from the video i posted earlier. The steel should be much cheaper, i was quoted @ just over $100 for 7.6 feet of steel!! O_O -- 4.3 feet should be allot cheaper :)

schematic2.jpg

Latest posts

Back