My Growbox has been Built YaY !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello there KingKahuuna.
i'm not an expert by all means. some of these fella's here forgot more then i know most likely. but i do know a little about lighting. from learning right here and use myself of what i learned.
your side lights seem like a great idea but remember, you don't want your light under any of your grow. same theory as a dark floor. so reflection don't light the underneath of the grow. just a thought as your grow gets taller later on.
about a lamp "light" suggestion. on top of your box cut a hole the same size as your shield. get a sturdy good shield. they hav'em with duct work to cool them. mine is 14 x 19 inches. fit the shield into the hole and keep the top of the shield up out of your box. this is good for several reasons. heat control, space, and air to the bulb & bulb vents out. it works perfect for my boxes and i think it will with yours. hanging with chains you can lower it into the box if nessesary. keep the piece you cut in case you do lower your light inside you can cover the hole. with your contracting skills i think you know what to do. not at all nessesary to lower 600 watt HPS i suggest.
the light i use is 600w high output super HPS. designed specially for plant growth. brighter then standard HPS lamps. increased violet and blue spectrum engineered to enhance natural plant growth. creates a more correct balance of red & blue/violet energy for increased photosynthesis. a high output and adjusted spectrum delivers superior performance. 95,000 lumens. 600 watt high output super HPS from www.growbright.com. i bought from www.hgtsupply.com 1-866-710-grow. my opinion is; all you need is the 600 watt system. go grow bro. good luck.

Thanks for that advice Bunkin 2,
Your thoughts are appreciated more than you know.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuna.........

How is your box and lighting coming along? Curious what you decided to use for lighting. You have got the perfect set-up bro.:)

Hey there Pot Belly,
I pretty much made up my mind to go with a 600w Hortilux, but I want to settle the idea of what to use when vegging, and then what to use when flowering. Seems to be a lot of different thoughts on this. I need to find out if the 600 can be used for both ?
How are you doing bro, and what's growing ?
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
I pretty much made up my mind to go with a 600w Hortilux

Halide? HPS? If it's an HPS, it'll work very fine for both vegging and flowering.

Good choice on the fixture KingK.....

I would go with the hortilux 600 HPS with your set-up. Will give you 5,429 lumens / sq ft..........

Just switched from MH to HPS for vegging. I am trying an experiment to see if the extra reds while vegging will help induce earlier flowering when switched to 12/12.

The only thing I would suggest for you is to create some small space with 24 HR lighting for a mother and couple of clones. It just eliminates the extra steps in sowing seeds, sexing, extra wasted time, etc.....

A shelf that would give about 18" of clearance would be enough for your needs. Could divide that and create a separate unlit compartment next to it for misc. growing goods so all "stuff" is tucked away when the doors are closed and secured. I think you would still have enough height for plenty of grow, IMHO.

Latest posts

Back