My Little Grow 100% LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunakard2000

Reaction score
since i havnt been keeping an up-to date journal here on the forums ill give a little bit of background info.

Lights = 2 135watt 7band LED UFOs, 45 3watt LED chips per light, color spectrums include Deep Red 660nm, Bright Red 630nm, Bright Blue 460nm, Deep Blue 430nm, UV 390nm, Inferared 850nm, and Bright White 10,000k for spectrial balance, the lights each produce around 2degrees of heat when the thermometer is LESS then 1.5 inches away.

Nutes = Foxfarm Line, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom, as well as CalMag w/ Iron.

Water = Tap water distilled for a min of 2 days

Pots = 6gal

Soil = some random brand i cant remember, it was the ONLY 0-nute soil i could get my hands on at the time

Plant = God Bud

Im going to post the pics in another post, i have to go through my notes and figure out the dates that go with each pic. but the pics are from sprout through Veg... seeing as my plant is in her dark cycle at the moment ill pull her out of the closet tomorrow and snap a few pics. she is currently at day 19 of flowering.

ok here are the pics i have,
GB - 1.jpg GB - 3.jpg GB - 5.jpg GB - 7.jpg GB - 9.jpg GB - 10.jpg

Pic 1 - July 12, 2 days after sprout was "potted"
Pic 2 - July 27, about 4 or 5 days prior to X-plant in larger 6gal pot
Pic 3 - Aug 10, again about 4-5 days after X-plant into 6gal pot
Pic 4 - Sep 5, still veggin
Sep 18, 12/12 light flip, ~10 pistils present around mid of plant
Pic 5 - Sep 25, 7 days after 12/12 flip
Pic 6 - Sep 29, now at 11 days after 12/12 flip pistils present in just about every single node except for the lower ~8 brances (lower 4 sets) also top 2/3 of plant showing buds about dime sized, top kola ~ 3 inches tall and about nickle size in width(~3/4 inch)

More pics to come in the future, tomorrow ill update once again, infact after looking back at my notes tomorrow Oct 9 will be the start of the 3rd week of flowering

in a few of the pics youll notice another plant... it was a bag seed and ended up like 90% male hermi... sad sad day... it was also about 3 weeks older then this God Bud plant, and bushed like a MOFO, ill crop and post some of those pics just to show how huge it bushed out under my LED UFOs

Well I'm watch never heard of any growing with LED, should be interesting.

alright i got some decent pics, still waiting to get paid and get a better camera, anywho when i pulled her out of the closet and into some more natural light i noticed that a majority of the stems to the leaves are turning red, some are fully red and others are half red half green, so my question is, at about 3 weeks into flowering is this kind of coloration normal or is it really a possible N/P/K/Mag def? as i stated in my first post im using the FF line of liquid nutes, currently watering twice a week, one watering with nutes the other without, takes about 3-4 days for the soil to dry out, and im using full strength of Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, as well as a 2x dose of CalMag(with every watering) should i up my dosage of nutes to combat this red stem problem

Red stems and petioles can be an issue arrising or it can be a genetic trait. Some strains actually will show a lot of redish/purpleish coloring on the petioles and stems depending on the phenotype. For you using FF soil and nutes, I would bet that you probably need to add some Myco and a little bit of mollasses mixed into the water. This will give your soil more microbes to help make the nutrients available to the plant. FF soil has microbes but I hear a lot of folks say that they have to add Mychorrizae or ZHO to the roots to boost growth. :)

after the debacle the other day, I'll pull up my psychedelic beanbag chair and watch yer led grow show.

green mojo fer ya's, bud :)

I was thinkin about Godbud last time I reupped on seeds but went with Mataro blue, can't wait to hear how she smokes.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

well my buddy and i just pulled her out of the closet and into some better light, and we both agreed that it wasnt really red, but a light and deep purple the parts that look redish still have a nice purple hue. the purple started more towards the top and new growth but upon further inspection, i was looking for spider mites, making sure shes clean which she is, but i noticed the stalk is starting to get some purple vertical stripes, not all over just sparatic. i got the seed from a bag, out of the 1/2 oz there were only 2 beans... only one was fully matured the other was still slightly white-ish, but it was so long ago, a good 2 or 3 months before i started sprouting and neither myself or my buddy(who got the white-ish seed in his 1/4oz) can remember if there was any purpling on the stems inside the buds, but im gonna read around a bit more, and iv gotta crop some pics so ill be updating again within the hour, some pics of the purple goin on

7greeneyes - i love GB i remember getting some GB and Northern lights, the NL smelled sooo dank and delicious, but the GB was a very mellow smell kinda skunky but almost neutral, but boy oh boy did the GB pack quite a punch, nice relaxing yet energetic high great for hangin with friends, the GB's high was so much stronger then the NL... such a shame really since NL smelled so dank.

Hushpuppy - iv only used FF nutes in this grow, grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom, i have some generic brand of soil, it was the only slow release nute free soil i could find at the stores near me... the hydro shop is a bit of a drive, gonna get some good stuff next time around though.
got one quick question... for flowering stage what are the recommended min(dark) and max(lighted) temps for the best yield?

It seems to me that the buds are better on cooler plants. I try to keep mine between 65f at night to 75f in daylight. :)

nice im about 3-5* higher on both min and max right now... wont be hard to fix that

This could be interesting to me, so I think I'll follow your thread.

sorry kinda got distracted... lol you know how it is XD anywho the quality of my crappy camera is just horrid, hard to see anything with good clarity, also had some issues getting the pics from my buddy, so i guess we shall try again tomorrow, hopefuly my check gets here tomorrow, gotta get a good camera >_< ill update as soon as possible.

well im still waiting for some extra cash for a new camera... but next tuesday for sure...
i just noticed something, the hardest part of growing and having such a beautyful plant, is going away for the weekend for family crap and not being able to see your little girls on a daily basis lol
anywho got some pic cropping to do over the weekend and i should have an actual pic update by wed.

by the way the purple is comming out more and more each day, besides the coloring of stalk, stems and petioles, the leaves are all a uniform healthy green and no signs of nute problems, good news XD

Nice thread... Thanks for sharing!

Amy chance that you could take some pictures without those goofy colored lights on so we can see what your plants look like ? :huh: :rofl:

Peace!:bong:

lol that pink glow is the lights, im going to get my camera monday so ill snap a few shots as soon as i get it.

my buddy whom i got the GB bag from with the seed came over today, after talking to him and checking out some more GB turns out the purpling is genetic after all woot woot.

also should note that shes bulked up quite a bit over the last 3 days i wasnt home... go fig... all buds are like 2x as big as when i left and shes starting to grow a crap ton of trics already, only a handfull of leaves covered in trics but its just a matter of time now XD

a little bit of mollasses mixed into the water. This will give your soil more microbes to help make the nutrients available to the plant. FF soil has microbes but I hear a lot of folks say that they have to add Mychorrizae or ZHO to the roots to boost growth.

Love ya Hush, my friend, but adding molasses to the mix while using a chem based nute won't help, might hurt a little! There's no microbes left after the FF nutes killed the soil off, so you're basically pouring sugar onto the soil. UNLESS....you only are using the bloom, which is labeled organic(??) and didn't use the veg products. However, I ran low on nutes, added bloom to my greenhouse and saw every plant yellow...I took this to mean my soil wasn't feeling great and, while I could pull a few out, several of the gals would not return to their healthy appearance, looked like they were constantly starving even thoguh I was feeding heavy. Not sure, but I think the bloom may have killed off a lot of the good in the soil making the poor plant work to get her food....I could be way off, just what I noticed and theorized on. Last note, I was adding molasses after the bloom was used the one time and I returned to my organic nutes, the soil grew mold on top making me think the molasses was rotting on top and not being used as in all my past grows using organic soil and nutes.

Not a clue on GB, but most times you see purpling of stems or such, it's a condition indicator....something small just isn't quite right! Nothing to get worried about (and as you say, might be genetics, more times than not, it's conditions, though imhe), but might be a touch cold, a bit low or high on a nute etc... Either way, no worries! :48:

If your temps are getting down towards 60, the purple could be due to this.

You are about 4 weeks into 12/12. I will be curious to see some pics.

hopefuly getting to the store tomorrow along with the hydro store for more supplys.
THG - i wanna stay its genetic since everything else nute def wise looks just fine, and my temps have only gotten down to maybe 66 at night and has been holding steady around 72 all day. but like Roddy said it could be something small but at this point i dont care lol its lookin amazing and bulking up so i cant complain.

Latest posts

Back