my temperature still blows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamstein

Reaction score
still 90-91F constantly, i got a bathroom wall fan today, it only has a 4 inch fan, and the ducting stuff which goes into the other room.

a right load of warm breeze comes out that hose, clearly not enough though

the hardware shops around me have nothign good, at naff prices

ideas anyone?

Hey and Howdy,
Where do you pull your air from,? and can you grab air from a cooler
location. ? I just found your post here, but don't know any of the particulars. What are you using to move the air ? CFM's is what I would like to learn from you. and I assume you are using a growbox of some sort. Are you running a circulating fan inside there. ?
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i see alot of peeps talk about temps on this forum but i never respond :)

some will say 90 is to hot some will say not.... along with this, many try to control the RH as well

The way i see it as i grow both indoor and out neither the temp or RH matter that much (to a point)... my out door plants will see 100+ all this month as they have for the last 25 years here :) and i will harvest many pounds off them.

while my indoor attic grow is set for 90 on the ac unit up there and is used for my intake as well :hubba:

if you really our that worried about 90 put frozen jugs of ice in frount of your intake with a fan on it ;)

pics of my plants in the 90* grow can be seen in my medical grow journel here

Wow, See that is another thing that I need to get straight in my head. HGB is correct about outdoor temps. I have seen above a hundred often enough when visiting strange new places, and high humidity, but I do hear that there are ideal temp ranges to go with. Maybe that is per strain, but I doubt it.
Maybe a bit of help from those in the know ? HmmmmMMmmmmm

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

my 4 inch fan doesnt say what CFM it pulls but its not very powerful, between a desk fan and a PC cooler fan. theres two desk fans in there to circulate air, both are pretty powerful but theres no exchange hardly between rooms.

room is something like 7 or 8 feet tall and 14.5 square feet floor space

KingKahuuna said:
but I do hear that there are ideal temp ranges to go with.

if you try for 1 gram per watt of light then yes there is KK :)

but when i see post like this and temps are only 90 and poster sounds real worried i tend to assume they are kinda new at growing so try to make it simple

72 night and 82 day with 1500 ppm of co2 with rh control as well i can allmost hit the 1 gram mark we all want so bad :hubba:

with my strait 90* grow i probly get 1 oz less :confused:

keep it simple like

i am a noob at growing totally, im also living in a pretty cold area so that 90F feels really hot to me, time for me to go and play with some ice!

95 F

might be okay for the plants, but i find it very uncomfortable in there lol

cheers for all the help

1 gallon milk jugs with ice and a fan on it in front of your intake :)

redneck AC :hubba:

I was dealing with temps around 90-100 in my last grow and growth was slowed to half of what it should be with temps in the 70s. So, at 8 weeks, the bud size was comparable to 3-4 weeks of flowering. That is why I quit indoors for the summer months.

Yo Ho Jam,
See what did I tell you, My learned and esteemed collegues I thank you ever so much. Hmmmmm maybe I ought to hold off growing untill summer is starting to abate.
OK, just came in from the garage and found the temp along the floor, (concrete), to be at 62*F This is good cause the outside temp has been in the 90's
Anyways Jam I am using a 50 cfm bath fan from Menards w/ 3" ducting. I am only pulling at the hot air, have nothing pushing air,(yet). I have purposly chosen the garage because it is the coolest place within the house structure. Bummer is I can't vent all the way to the attic, so filter and cool garage should do the trick.
I guess from what is being said about growth and temp is that you will be ok, and your growth may just take a bit longer, still can't get over these fast turn around times.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i bit the bullet today and moved them all into a conservatory so the room could cool down, i was thinking of getting an air con thing in my room anyway so it might just spend summer in the grow room, or i spend my summer in there with it lol

I have my AC set @ 77 degrees. Right know I am running 3-400 watt MH's. I have very good ventilation. One blower I got @ Lowes for $40.00 and rigged it up to push air through the lights At the other end I have a inline I picked up @ the Hydro shop used for $75.00. I made sure everything is taped very good so there is no leaks blowing any hot air out. I used the ductting tape for heat and ac ducts. I also have small fans blowing on the bottoms of the lights. This helps keep them cooler so you can keep your plants closer to them. It also blows on the plants for strengthing. I picked up a few stand up fans @ garage sales cheap. They blow across the top of the lights helping some. One last box- fan blows on my 3 ballasts that get hot. I vent out my roofwhich is not noticable. My room temp is around 77 to 81 degrees.
I have some pictures you can look @ here.
Hope this helps you out!!
GROW JOURNAL:watchplant:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=132684#post132684

AC defo seems the way to go, its an abnormally hot summer here but the grow room stays above 90 even at night.

going to pick one on tuesday :)

cheers for all the help guys

Latest posts

Back