Natural Cannabis Insecticide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daddyo,

For your information, tobacco -- not the adulterated crap in cigarettes today, has many beneficial uses. It will pull the venom out of insect stings, sooth sunburns and I have heard of poultices being used to kill infections too, and the extracted and concentrated nicotine is the most effective organic insecticide that I've found. In fact until the "invention" of DDT nicotine was the standard high strength commercial insecticide.

However, I agree about smoking cigarettes.

Someone asked if what we were trying to get out of the tobacco was the nicotine and I don't remember seeing an direct answer so Yes it is the nicotine in the tobacco that is the insecticidal ingredient that you are trying ot extract. Please forgive me if this has already been clearly stated.

Incidentally, if you can get high quality cigars or pipe tobacco, it has a lost less additives than cigarettes. I'm not sure about snuff or chew. They are probably pretty well laced with god knows what to either enhance the flavor or the shelf life.

White WidowMaker said:
Another guy recommended using cinnamon to repel ants. I tried it, but it didn't do anything

Sprinkle a 40/60 mixture of ground up white chalk and ground black pepper around the plants. Shouldn't hurt the plants in anyway as far as I know, but ants avoid it so if you surround the plants with it, it should work. Just make sure there is enough to get a half inch wide strip all around the plants leaving no open spot for them to go through. It's an old trick for keeping em out of the house. But I've never actually tried it around plants before so test it out on a flower or something to make sure it own't effect the soil.

The active ingredient in most of the insecticides before DDT was nicotonic (sic) acid. I saw an ad some where recently for it at a garden supply house.

Applied by itself it should be effective on any insect not known to eat tobacco plants. However, I have NOT heard about it having any fungicidal properties, but neither have heard that it doesn't kill molds and mildew either.

I would think it would be a very effective safe organic additive to insecticidal soap which would also act as wetting agent to increase the effectiveness of the nicotonic acid.

If you can get it, then it should be very effective for most kinds of insects just by itself and the residue, if any, from foliar spraying would be even less harmful than smoking a tobacco pipe or a good cigar, both of which are a lot safer than all the additives in cigarettes.

If you are looking for an effective organic insecticide or additive, then check it out.

Latest posts

Back