need ideas for fresh air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednose

Reaction score
I have a 400 watt hps the tent is 3by2 and 5 feet tall. I have a 4 inch inline fan I think its 172 cfm to pull the air from the tent now my question is since im renting my house I dont to go putting holes in the walls so im wondering if there are any other ways I can get fresh air for inside the tent I have a open hood and am on a budget for things to cool the room

Not total sure I understand yur question but can yual not get some dryer vent hose and rig it to a window and draw in fresh air this way or even leave hose in airconditioned room and draw in that air? Maybe some pics might help folk understand just what yual need doin. Hope someone be helpin yual out.

BWD

Patching drywall and painting over is really easy. Just sayin;)

Redid my whole kitchen, electrical, drywall, plumbing. I'm no contractor or journeyman, but i do like sculpture and paper mache...lol just gotta be a lil creative.

Just keep in mind that if you are exhausting 172 CFM, then that much air is already being pulled in from somewhere.

Without knowing the room/apt/house layout its anyone's guess. But you might look at whether you can cut a hole in a closet somewhere. They are easier to hide and landlord's tend to not inspect closets too closely when you leave.

If growing in a closet get an old door and replace the original. Then cut intake/exhaust in the old door. Replace with original door when you move out

Yeah, but then you're just running a small heater system for the room, you know? Unless you have a way to cool that air its almost like exhausting a clothes dryer into a room. Great in winter, but a real pain in high summer temps.

What do you think Duck? Is there and easy way to deal with that heat output?

pcduck said:
If growing in a closet get an old door and replace the original. Then cut intake/exhaust in the old door. Replace with original door when you move out
This is what I did and has been very effective.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
What do you think Duck? Is there and easy way to deal with that heat output?

The final temp that is achieved is dependent on the size of the room you will be exhausting into. The smaller the room you are exhausting into the harder it will be to lower the temp. In this case I would get a bigger fan. ime a 172cfm fan is not going to git-r-done and opening the door leading into the room you are exhausting into will help. The faster the exchange of air is done the less time it has to heat up the grow room.

Latest posts

Back