Need Info On Weak Weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker1

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a question for anyone who knows the answer. A guy got some weed from a regular source. Normally the quality is average & is worth the price. This time the weed is a lighter color and you can hardly get a buzz from it.

This guy calls the source person who claims that it is "new" fresh weed & that's why it has no kick. He says that "older" weed gets a person a bigger buzz. I'm not stupid, but I think the dude got gypped big time. I also think maybe it was cut with something.

Can somebody help me out on this one? I've never heard of weed not being any good just because it was just harvested. Thanks all.:eek:

I've seen really light buds with no KICK............and I think that if it's light and non-sticky, it's either been bounced or harvested too early.

Sorry to hear about the shortage of stickiness! :holysheep:

Like Bob said, you can't cut weed. It may be some premature junk though.

exactly... pot has to be grown, harvested, and cured certain ways, at a certain time for it to be maximized... a step was probably done prematurely/incorrectly. the proof is in the pudding...

or when they were drying it they could have left it out in the light also light degrades thc after harvest..........i know i have had ppl cut prices for that exact reason leaving it out in the light

Celebrity Bob said:
How do you "cut" weed? It's not coke.

It's bounced over a screen and most of the T is removed.
You never heard of that?

Celebrity Bob said:
Exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes weed doesnt live up to expectations especially if it looks and smells like good bud. If it keeps happening change your source.

Celebrity Bob said:

What I meant was maybe he took out some weed & put in something like ariganal- (Spice-can't spell it) You know, that stuff people have to cook with that looks like weed.

soto88 said:
Exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes weed doesnt live up to expectations especially if it looks and smells like good bud. If ut keeps happening change your source.

Actually, It did smell different but I can't explain how.

soto88 said:
Exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes weed doesnt live up to expectations especially if it looks and smells like good bud. If ut keeps happening change your source.

Easier said than done-where I live it's real hard to find someone who isn't a narc or a police informant. I live in a police type state and they are real hard on weed users & growers. Lots of grow houses have been getting raided in the last year. I'm bummed out.

Oscar said:
I've seen really light buds with no KICK............and I think that if it's light and non-sticky, it's either been bounced or harvested too early.

Sorry to hear about the shortage of stickiness! :holysheep:

If it's harvested too soon does that mean that it will never be any good?

You guys are very helpful. Thanks! The dude paid $100 for an oz. I know the stuff was very weak, but is $100 a average price for average weed? I know the supplier told him that he had much better stuff for $375/ounce. What do you think that would get him for quality?

"Cutting" refers to mixing with something else, and yes, weed can be cut. Over here in Europe a lot of weed is mixed with glass, to make it heavier and gives you the impression its frosty. Check out www.gritweed.co.uk

$375/ounce. What do you think that would get him for quality?
For that price you should be getting grade A quality

Runbyhemp said:
"Cutting" refers to mixing with something else, and yes, weed can be cut. Over here in Europe a lot of weed is mixed with glass, to make it heavier and gives you the impression its frosty. Check out www.gritweed.co.uk

NO WAY!!! you have to smoke weed mixed with crushed glass?!? boy... that's gotta be good on the lungs... do they cut candy floss with fiberglass too??? oh man...I'd definitely only smoke my own stuff I grew...:holysheep:

if I ever found out someone was putting glass in my pot...:hitchair:

Runbyhemp said:

What should an OZ go for in dollars if it's grade A??

you need to be more specific. your not saying the "budz" are lighter in color....your saying the "weed" is lighter in color.

did you get a bag of loose or chopped up weed? Or are there a few big nugs? If your smoking the flowers from the lower part of the plant, that may explain a few things. If your smokin weak nugz they gotta be premature.

Did you get any big nugz in the bag? if so have you tried them yet? If i got sold anything that didn't get me high, i would not return again, no matter how good the "other" stuff they have is. fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

350 an oz here is the going rate for grad "A" higher for popular strains.

Latest posts

Back