nervous to buy setup from local hydro shop.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeUpJohnny

Reaction score
I've been emailing my local shop and they've offered me a great setup, but thing is I'm nervous buying all of it from them . I mean it's sorta obvious what I'm buying it for right?why else would you need high powered lights and a carbon filter?should I be nervous?

Thanks,
Johnny

I agree, also they need your business. They are usually really nice guys. There is usually no camera and they take cash no problem...

they are pretty cool and the deal is great

but he offered me a good deal on a carbon filter and said I would sleep better at night if I bought it...what kinda comment is that?

SmokeUpJohnny said:
I've been emailing my local shop and they've offered me a great setup, but thing is I'm nervous buying all of it from them . I mean it's sorta obvious what I'm buying it for right?why else would you need high powered lights and a carbon filter?should I be nervous?

Thanks,
Johnny

buying in person is probably safer than in the mail, from the perspective of surveilance, unless you think LEO is watching the shop for some reason ;) I mean, you buy with cash and carry it away, who is to know where you go with it, you buy in mail, it has to be delivered somewhere :confused2:

Reactions: daf
SmokeUpJohnny said:
they are pretty cool and the deal is great

but he offered me a good deal on a carbon filter and said I would sleep better at night if I bought it...what kinda comment is that?

You should have no worries about buying from your local shop. Do use cash tho.

His comment about the filter was referring to the filter getting rid of the oder from your growroom, thus letting you sleep better at nite knowing the smell is not going to your neighbors.

the guys at my hydrostore are always so baked i dont think they even know i'm a return cust...but i always use cash just in case.
said I would sleep better at night if I bought it...what kinda comment is that?
sounds like the comment of someone who knows from experience. Not to say they are all like this...but...i deal with 3 different hydrostores and the people working there all got there jobs for the discounted equipment, and there love for the same thing yr doin. JMO guess i was postin same time as NCH

i buy from the same local shop all the time.most people that visit a hydro store are there for 1 reason.i'm sure some do grow veggies.not many.

Yes, those people are there to sell marijuana growers equipment to grow their stuff. They know why you are buying it and they're happy that you're doing it.

Just go in and pay for it in cash and think no more of it. There are risks to be taken in life. I get paranoid every so often, but it's reasonable, and sometimes necessary to take risks in life.

Talk to the shop owner, feel out his vibe. Mine has become a good friend along the way. I also learned he destroyes his credit card records asap, so thats cool. I still buy in cash though, cause you never know.

Oh so a quick question, are most of the posters here from the UK, cause I keep seeing words like LEO and whatnot and have no clue what they mean. Well I've gathered the LEO is the UK cops maybe?

i use my debit card every time i buy, i dont get the whole cash thing, im more worried about flir helo's and my electricity bill, even tho its nothing for me to really get worked up over, i mean, if leo profiled every person who bought from the hydro store, could you imagine? i see 10 people come and go while im there to pick up a few items, how many people a day come through there? must be dozens by the hour it seems, ill just stick with being conservative.

I have been buying from hydro stores for decades with no worries.
I have found that the owners and workers grow what we do. They were the best source of info before the internet. I don't worry about using cash or not.
If you are worried about it buy a couple of packs of tomato seeds at the same time, they are cheap.

omnigr33n said:
Why would u want to get your customers busted? Money out of their pocket.

Has happened before though...... I can't remember the specifics but the cops were leaning on him for info and he started informing.... word got out about it and he was out of business pretty quick....... There is a thread about it here on the forums somewhere.

Just pay cash and all should be OK though.....

Dont forget that us growers are the ones who keep these places in business in the first place dude. Just use the internet for browsing never for buying. I always pay in cash and dont ask questions about the stuff im buying I have marijuanapassion for my questions.

I stress out more going to the nursery, because I don't want anyone helping me or asking if I need help. I don't want people asking me what I want this item or that item for. I feel most comfortable at the hydro stores and I like to ask them questions.

SmokeUpJohnny said:

Thanks,
Johnny

Why would you communicate with the local grow shop via email if you are so worried about being observed? It would be totally safe to shop in person and pay cash to setup your Tomato garden.

Latest posts

Back