new grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome... I can't think of any members using the airoponics...but I'm sure you'll find some help here...good luck

Welcome to MP. Not alot of aero growers here, maybe you can show us all.

Welcome to MP...I hope it's not one of those aerogardens they advertise on tv...the ones for growing a small portion of veggies...those won't work well at all for MJ...even autos wld be tough

lowryder420 said:
trying my luck at growing some bud with an aerogarden. if anybody has any tips lemme know..thanks a lot.

Which kind of Aerogarden is it?
They make diffrent types, I think one of the pepper ones would be okay for a short plant breed, maybe One plant.

Or maybe just starting out seedlings and transfering into a larger hydo system. I've seen some pretty impressive ones made out of 10 gal totes, that work the same way as a aerogarden (much cheeper to make! I've seen them for sale for $35, and they have more room).

Good luck, I would love to see how it works out for you, I'm a bit of an aerogarden fanatic myself, but have not tried to start any MJ seedlings in it.

its a white aerogarden classic. i'm about a month in from germination and everything looks great. i just started 12/12 today so i'm looking forward to seeing how everything goes.

Mainly a soil grower myself-but I do have two waterfarms around.

I have seen some of the systems (Jabrw0ke posted about) in this forum. Can't remember exactly where cause its been a while.

:joint: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!! :joint:

:)
Gb

Kay, I'm going to ask you about 30 questions... I'm extreamly courious as to how this is going for you.

Is it the 7 hole one? How many seedlings do you have in it? Is this your first grow? What kind of seeds are you using?

My main consern would be that the aerogarden is so small, there is very little room for a root system. Another thing is, no matter what the plants are in they are going to do what is natural for them. Once they go into 12/12 they will still grow upward. My first grow had a quick growth spurt and became HUGE once in 12/12. The Aerogardens lights are REALLY hot, and will burn the plants. What a bummer it would be to come home and find the whole top of your plant burnt up. The adds for the aerogarden show pictures of the device with full grown bushy plants all the way up to the lights, but I know for a fact that doing so will burn your plants. I grew basil and dill in mine and they grew over night and burn to a crisp.
Flurocents don't do this, my plants will go though a growth, and touch the lights and have no problems.

Now, I'm just saying this all as if you are expecting to do some searous growing, the Aerogardn Classic will most likely not accomindate the needs of your plants. BUT I deff' encourage testing because how else would any of us know what works. :) Like I said I'm extreamly courous as to how this turns out for you, and would love to see a grow log or pictures.

I've considered dropping seeds into my aerogarden just to see what would happen, but I have way to many other seeds that need it. :rolleyes:

lowryder420 said:
its a white aerogarden classic. i'm about a month in from germination and everything looks great. i just started 12/12 today so i'm looking forward to seeing how everything goes.

I almost got myself one, but after looking at it, I realised that this was something I could very easly make myself. All you need is a fish pump, and the tote and all the little things (rock wool, baskets, a light).
I think I may try it out this summer. I have enough totes around anyways. :D

GeezerBudd said:
Mainly a soil grower myself-but I do have two waterfarms around.

I have seen some of the systems (Jabrw0ke posted about) in this forum. Can't remember exactly where cause its been a while.

:joint: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!! :joint:

:)
Gb

alright...so i have a 7 pod aergarden with one plant in it. I had three but decided to pull two and leave the best looking one so it wouldn't have to compete for nutrients or light. and yes this is my first grow and everything is going better than i could've imagined. since this is my first grow i just used bag seed in hopes of getting lucky with a female. the plant looks incredible though. as of right now its approx. 7+ inches tall and 15+ inches wide and its there are 5 or 6 nodes i think...hope this explains a few things. any tips would be great!

here is a pic from a phone from the 28th day. not the best quality but just wanted to get one up quick. i'll post more later.

IMG00038.jpg

:holysheep:
I love the picture, that is so cool!!!
I think I may have to try this, maybe it you top the plant off. I 've done that with a few of mine, and it causes them to bush out more rather than grow upwards.

i think my buddy has one of these he never used maybe ill try an autoflower or two in it hmm. Is there a way to use a hps with this? Seems like it would be shaded by the light it already has on top.

:welcome:
Welcome - I hope you enjoy your time here. Great pic - I could see this possibly working with a squatty auto flowering plant on 24/0 for fun.... might want to fill in with some flours.... Give it a try and keep us updated with pics.
Meanwhile .... hold this.....:48:

Latest posts

Back