New Here need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmelnik05

*Kind of a newbie*
Reaction score
Well Im not a newbie really to growing I've had 2 succesful outdoor grows and 1 indoor grow.....But I do need some advice,input, guidance lol

Anyway I have a whole attic room i can grow in ( the windows in it are already lightproofed) the space is prolly 14x12 (L x W) and the height is about 10' in the center and about 4' at the walls......

And heres a link to the light i will prolly buy...1000 watt hps for $200
http://www.insidesun.com/index.php/action/item/id/77/

and as for what im going to grow i want some kind of white widow was looking at the white widow x mango from mr. nice on www.drchronic.com

grow as many as I can Hope their all females ....

and also need some help on setting everything up,,,,with what kind of ferts an such......will order everything as soon as i get an idea of what im going to do and some help from yall..... and I'll do a grow journal ..seeing as I can get help every step of the way just by posting a few pics on here and asking questions......

Hope to hear well read a post soon.....

nmelnik05 said:
Well Im not a newbie really to growing I've had 2 succesful outdoor grows and 1 indoor grow.....But I do need some advice,input, guidance lol

Anyway I have a whole attic room i can grow in ( the windows in it are already lightproofed) the space is prolly 14x12 (L x W) and the height is about 10' in the center and about 4' at the walls......

And heres a link to the light i will prolly buy...1000 watt hps for $200
http://www.insidesun.com/index.php/action/item/id/77/

and as for what im going to grow i want some kind of white widow was looking at the white widow x mango from mr. nice on www.drchronic.com

grow as many as I can Hope their all females ....

and also need some help on setting everything up,,,,with what kind of ferts an such......will order everything as soon as i get an idea of what im going to do and some help from yall..... and I'll do a grow journal ..seeing as I can get help every step of the way just by posting a few pics on here and asking questions......

Hope to hear well read a post soon.....
Welcome to MP nmelnik05. I would go with Fox Farm soil and Fox Farm nutes. Are the walls of the attic painted flat white? Do you have them covered with Mylar? Also is it bug free? You might wanna drop one of those bug bombs in there before setting anything up.

Well I have no clue what mylar is lol......but no the walls are just wallpapered.....and its bug free up there because my last grow i did in the closet up there with all the walls in the closet alluminum foiled lol......and its pretty clean and air tight......But i will go and paint all the walls flat white seeing as how MYLAR just sounds expensive....

And i think imgoint to get one of those $60 ph testers from inside sun to.....now as far as seeds and seed banks thats really my first problem....who would be the better seed bank to get some white widow from...????

Mylar is that stuff the reflective balloons are made of. You know, the ones filled with helium, but not made of rubber like at birthday parties. Yea well whatever lol, the point is that they are cheap and dont cause "hotspots" as they call them with aluminum.

The 1000 watt HPS from Insidesun seems good. A lot of people here even recommend the place so Im guessing they are ok though Id rather find a place and pay cash (but thats just me being paranoid). I have been considering getting a 400w HPS from them. I only have 3-4 plants for personal use so Im guessing I dont need to shell out 200 bucks.

Yup like the get well balloons, It is 98% reflective and really does make a difference. I can also recommend Fox Farm Nutes and Soil. Nice light sytem, I am also looking at a 600W from there to accompany my other 600W. Well have fun with setting up the room, it is really awesome if you get baked and get real creative with it.

Hi
I'm new to this forum ,I grew 6 plants 2 yrs ago in the back bedroom I started them of in my conservatory until they had est, I am going to grow more this year I have about 10 seeds from some weed I got from another grower .The thing is I've never used anything to help with the growing, and the weed I got from the plants was excellent The only thing I've forgot is how to start the seeds off any advice would be most welcome :) I'm in the UK

Gina

Latest posts

Back