New kind of light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
I just read an article in the news about some new kind of "plastic" lighting coming out next year. It is called "Field induced polymer electroluminescent technology. They claim that these lights will produce the suns spectrum of light perfectly without producing any heat. They will last 20 years or more, and they put LEDs to shame. Check it out at: bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20553143. These bulbs sound very promising for our application -- if they make them bright enough. Pretty exciting -- if you ask me :)

peace

Wow,,that would be awsome. I wounder what Lumens per Watt they put out? I cant wait to see them hit the market.

the article states they are inexpensive to make, but it doesnt mention anything about them being used in horticulture so we will see, but interesting none the less.

that is intresting and i also wonder how much they cost i however did not see anything spacific about these new lights being able to grow plant life i can't wait to see them when they arrive

Way interesting! Thanks for sharing Hemper :aok:

Latest posts

Back