new set-up, same ol' strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyfr

dead
Reaction score
Howdy all, almost ready to go. I've now split my room in 2.
The veg room is 30x60 in. with a 400MH, 6in. Hydrofarm duct boost exhaust (200cfm). No duct or filter, it's right in the wall (see pic). It's separated from the flower room with pandafilm/zipper door. i duct taped pandafilm to wall/ceiling/floor and then stapled through duct tape/film to avoid light leaks in high winds;) . i'm am also going to have to put a pandafilm flap over zipper as it is not lightproof. I'll be using about 1 foot on the end to walk/work in:eek: View attachment 78745

View attachment 78746

View attachment 78747

View attachment 78748

It's the same 30 x 60, same foot on the end to walk in. 400 HPS, air-cooled hood, elicent 6 in. inline fan hung from bungies and its almost silent:hubba: , i'm gonna be adding a 6 x 18 in. phat filter.
Gonna be flowering the one in the pics first. She's 26"across at the widest point and 13" tall, she was a clone rooted May 12 so it should be fun. Then every couple weeks i'll add a couple more till i got my 6 goin...cuttin clones every couple weeks on the other side so i can keep it goin.
anyhow the first one is in FFOF, and gonna be usin fox farms series of nutes. then i'll add a couple of Mass' coco buckets, then maybe a couple dwc:D I love this stuff! heres the other half..View attachment 78750

View attachment 78751

View attachment 78752

View attachment 78753

i would like to say thank you to all, everyone who posts on MP contributed to this room. I got all my idea's/knowledge from MP. Any suggestions on the plants, the room, or whatever are much appriciated. I couldn't have made it this far without you!:48:

Yay, someone looked;) ...test run was a success, temps 76, RH50, no circuits blew and all the walls and cords stayed nice and cool. I may be paranoid but i check all cords as well as sockets and wall area around sockets for heat every day. Maybe i'll get lucky and find a problem before it's a disaster!

i'm in. got my seat.:D . looks sweet lyfr. don't believe i've been down here to your grow yet, sry. so fill me in on your strain. how big is that tent(ttl).? are those all clones in the first set of pics'? i guess this would be a
perpetual grow, right? i'm still kinda new at this indoor growing, so i still ask alot of questions sometimes.(especially when i'm baked.).
i'll be back.:D :) :holysheep: ...

lyfr said:
Yay, someone looked;) ...test run was a success, temps 76, RH50, no circuits blew and all the walls and cords stayed nice and cool. I may be paranoid but i check all cords as well as sockets and wall area around sockets for heat every day. Maybe i'll get lucky and find a problem before it's a disaster!
Paranoia is worrying about unlikely things. :confused2:

Doing safety checks to make sure your setup doesn't burn down your home is a sign of intelligence. :D

banjobuzz said:
i'm in. got my seat.:D . looks sweet lyfr. don't believe i've been down here to your grow yet, sry. so fill me in on your strain. how big is that tent(ttl).? are those all clones in the first set of pics'? i guess this would be a
perpetual grow, right? i'm still kinda new at this indoor growing, so i still ask alot of questions sometimes.(especially when i'm baked.).
i'll be back.:D :) :holysheep: ...
Howdy Banjobuzz, the strain is Grape APE, my room is just over 5 x 5, studs and sheetrock, divided in half with the pandafilm. yup, clones took off the one i just put in the flower room today. I am tryin to do a perpetual grow..clone a couple-harvest a couple-move a couple to flower. i'm gonna start adding to flower room at 2 week intervals to start and see how it goes from there. this is my first soil grow, ive always done rockwool flood and drain. ask all the q's ya want, i love talkin about this stuff!

yeah lyfr, i love talking about growing too. i've got the growing part pretty much down, it's building a new room that sorta baffles me as to how i want to do it. i've got so many options' , just not sure where to start(yet). i want to do basically the same thing you are, a perpetual grow.
i've been in the gathering, while growing stage all summer. i have a 10x12
room i'm thinking of converting to a grow room. will deffinately have to get one more light...
hows that grape ape smoke? if its as good as this ww ;:hubba: :D :hubba: ...
good luck lyfr, looks like you got this dog by the tail.:D ...
oh yeah, what made you decide to come over to soil growing?

banjobuzz said:
yeah lyfr, i love talking about growing too. i've got the growing part pretty much down, it's building a new room that sorta baffles me as to how i want to do it. i've got so many options' , just not sure where to start(yet). i want to do basically the same thing you are, a perpetual grow.
i've been in the gathering, while growing stage all summer. i have a 10x12
room i'm thinking of converting to a grow room. will deffinately have to get one more light...
hows that grape ape smoke? if its as good as this ww ;:hubba: :D :hubba: ...
good luck lyfr, looks like you got this dog by the tail.:D ...
oh yeah, what made you decide to come over to soil growing?
only advice i can give anyone on a new room is take your time so you end up with exactly what you need. grape ape is very sweet and fruity...i harvested at 45 days last round and it was very nice. i guess i should put a link to that journal so people can see the history if they want. changed over to soil cause i ended up in a cast and i figured it would be easier...plus i want to expand my experience and see if soil really does "have better taste" by growing same clones from same mom in both.:)

I can't WAIT Lyfr! Pullin' up a chair and heres some MAJOR GREEN MOJO!!!

Hey man, I'm lovin' the organic setup I can't be more thrilled than seeing you grow some of these babies in Massproducer style coco buckets!

DomsChron said:
I can't WAIT Lyfr! Pullin' up a chair and heres some MAJOR GREEN MOJO!!!

Massproducer style coco buckets!
not qiute yet... the next 2, i will transplant them from those 1gal to a Mass style 3gal sometime in the next 7-10days. then i'm leaning toward a couple DWC buckets to be added a couple weeks after that, and that should fill it up.

looks good bro! im anxious to see them mass buckets put to use.my chairs pulled up dude.i dont get many post on my journals either,i think people usually just take a look and if they dont have any ?'s,they just bounce to the next thread. anyways,to work i go-peace man

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
i dont get many post on my journals either,i think people usually just take a look and if they dont have any ?'s,they just bounce to the next thread.
howdy AID, i just do this so i remember what i did a few hours ago;) . thanks for stoppin in man, should be fun:D

View attachment 79538

View attachment 79539

View attachment 79540finished the Mass coco buckets...i tried very hard not to make them too hot like i always did my res:rolleyes:
there is the first one to the flower room...still stressin a little from a 2 week mite battle(we won but sprayin her every 4 days took its toll!).
coco buckets will go to flower in about a week, wanna make sure those roots hit the res for the strech;) not much to say...thanks for stoppin in:)

looks good,you sure are expanding your experiences.i too have some in soil and some in dwc.this is the 1st for the dwc and so far its a lot easier than soil,jmo.they sure grow faster.good luck and be safe

andy52 said:
looks good,you sure are expanding your experiences.i too have some in soil and some in dwc.this is the 1st for the dwc and so far its a lot easier than soil,jmo.they sure grow faster.good luck and be safe
i'm like a kid in a candy store:D yes, DWC is awesome,easy,productive! i figure i will grow this strain every way i can think of and see what it likes best:hubba:

Looking good brother, nice to see some one experimenting... That is how we move forward, trying new things.

fabulous absolutely fabulous! How are you doin lyfr? the plants and setup is lookin great! :)

everythings goin good. put a cocobucket and a soil into flower room. i put all the same organics(bat guano/alfalfa meal/worm castings,etc.) in the soil as i put in the cocobuckets(CB) with the only difference being soil or coco to compare growth. clones are same strain,cut at same time,with same growth rate till now so should be fun. stripped mom and now letting her recover a bit. the first one to go to flower(20 days) is showing nicely...pics up soon...thanks for the kind words/lookin:)

Latest posts

Back