new set-up, same ol' strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice score lyfr...are the ones in perlite ..100% perlite?. your plants are looking wonderful..

4u2sm0ke said:
nice score lyfr...are the ones in perlite ..100% perlite?. your plants are looking wonderful..
Thank you 4u2! nope, they were in bags with 100% coco and a bad gnat problem. I transplanted them into 50/30/20-FFOF/coco/perlite...and covered the whole thing with a couple inches of perlite to get rid of the gnats.
Cut 25 clones off the DC x SC this mornin, can't wait to grow that! thanks for stoppin in.
Just for fun...in Cali...when do clones legally count as an immature plant? Anyone know this?

Looking awesome lyfr. When you do LST do you feel like you get the same amount of bud as if you had just grown it out? You do a great job on your plants, mucho green mojo ;)

godspeedsuckah said:
Looking awesome lyfr. When you do LST do you feel like you get the same amount of bud as if you had just grown it out? You do a great job on your plants, mucho green mojo ;)
i havent let any grow out...i would guess i get more because of a more even canopy..light equal distance from many tops is what i've been shooting for. I only have a 400 so i like to keep all "budding" within 24inches or so from the light. and thanks for the mojo, i think it's workin;)

hey lyfr..what 400 you useing/ i use two in my veg room....and keep the glass inches from top cannopy..24 inches away..are you getting much stretch?..is that 400 a closed unit or open?..thanks for shareing with us..

Godspeed..lyfr...I did a side by side last year on LST and grow out..same strain same conditions and everything..the total dry weight was about the same..I did feel that LST had more smaller budds..and the one grown oyt had larger cola but in my experament..LST Plats was more work at Harvest time..and is a great way to keep plants low for small spaces..I use it to maintain canopy..Hope that helps..

4u2sm0ke said:
hey lyfr..what 400 you useing/ i use two in my veg room....and keep the glass inches from top cannopy..24 inches away..are you getting much stretch?..is that 400 a closed unit or open?..thanks for shareing with us..

Godspeed..lyfr...I did a side by side last year on LST and grow out..same strain same conditions and everything..the total dry weight was about the same..I did feel that LST had more smaller budds..and the one grown oyt had larger cola but in my experament..LST Plats was more work at Harvest time..and is a great way to keep plants low for small spaces..I use it to maintain canopy..Hope that helps..
for flower i got a sunsystem 1-400hps/hortilux...i too keep it within a couple inches of tops..lower bud sites are 24in from light, approx. yieldmaster 2, 6in air-cooled/sealed hood. elicent 6in-309cfm inline exhausting air through hood.
Veg- sunlight supply econ 400mh/hortilux..bat wing type alum. hood. i keep the mh about 18 inches up so i get wider coverage.
thanks for the info on yr LST experiment:)

:yay: those coco buckets are insane! yeah soon as hit res i gained 8-9" of new growth from side branches in 2 days! your grow is looking oh soooo sweet. how have you been watering your buckets? im trying to water every day, but usually everyother. will give water, then water molasses, then starve for 2 days & on third give em all they'll take with full line f.f. @ 3/4 strength & molasses. on nute day they drink over half gal in a 2.5g bucket.

docfishwrinkle said:
:yay: those coco buckets are insane! yeah soon as hit res i gained 8-9" of new growth from side branches in 2 days! your grow is looking oh soooo sweet. how have you been watering your buckets? im trying to water every day, but usually everyother. will give water, then water molasses, then starve for 2 days & on third give em all they'll take with full line f.f. @ 3/4 strength & molasses. on nute day they drink over half gal in a 2.5g bucket.
thanks doc, I started giving them nutes...sort of. I got a 2.5 gal jug i put a tbs of bat guano, FFBB, Florolicious+, a little epsom salt, kool bloom, about 30ml hygrozyme to help break it down and shake it and set it for 24 hours before use. give them that for 2 days(32oz cup), then mollasses water then plain. i havent really developed a routine with these yet plus i'm still using up nutrients left over from the hydro i was doin. sorry for the book, i'm enjoyin some fine hash i just bubble-bagged with a bro;) ...i can't believe how much they drink:0

ahhh i see... right now you got me thinking of my next investment.....bubble bags. looking @ i think 3 or 4 bag system. whatever one is $150. what do you use?

docfishwrinkle said:
ahhh i see... right now you got me thinking of my next investment.....bubble bags. looking @ i think 3 or 4 bag system. whatever one is $150. what do you use?
he had the 8 bag set and we got got rid of half the bags by the time we were finished(probably a pound or so of 60/40 shake/bud) cause it was a pain to use all them. we ended up just using the 210, 160, 90, and the 25 which took for ever to drain. we got almost 50 grams, most from the 90, then the 25. hey, i'm bored...i'll get a pic of my piece.

View attachment 83891

View attachment 83892

View attachment 83893Used about half of what you see there...and gonna make some tasty treats with the rest...now, where did that crockpot go:confused: the pieces with the greenish tint were from the second time around, you get a lot out of it the second time but you get some clorophyll with it. the other color variations are from the different size screens. that is about 1g less than half of what we got out of it:)

everything looks like its coming along nicely huh lyfr? another good experiment would put a clone in all perlite hempy style.. keep it up bro, and hows your arm doing?

Im runnin outta room for experiments quick! i'm still not supposed to move my wrist really(doc still wanted to cast it till next week) but it seems like its ready for me to start movin it if that makes sense. I am wearing a support thing 23 hours a day but i just couldnt take the cast after over 10 weeks and x-rays not showing progress. thanks for askin but most of all thanks for lookin at my ladies;)

i hear ya bro, im just geting my setup to where i want it so im makeing room for experiments i guess. yeah i bet itfeels good to stretch your arm or wrist, yeah drs man they said my eye sight would be perfect after my eye surgery 1 year after and i can see clearly maybe 4 inchs away outta that eye..... but great grow my freind, and goodluck with the xray stuff.
later

Wow hashish, im saving up all my trim and getting some bubble bags now!!

Lyfr, hey...i'm interested on how you accomplished making the zipper door using the panda film. I'm having a hard time finding an efficient way to close off my flower room using panda film and i would appreciate it if you could explain the way you made the zipper door, and maybe include some pics?? Thanks in advance.

solarz

solarz said:
Lyfr, hey...i'm interested on how you accomplished making the zipper door using the panda film. I'm having a hard time finding an efficient way to close off my flower room using panda film and i would appreciate it if you could explain the way you made the zipper door, and maybe include some pics?? Thanks in advance.

solarz
hello solars, i'll get some pics when lights go on but basically i got one of those stick on tarp zippers from home depot, you just stick it on, unzip it and cut the panda:eek: ..when i hung the panda i left an extra 6in at bottom that lays on floor with a length of 2x4 setting on top. the problem with the zipper is it's not light proof so i made a panda flap that goes over zipper once it's closed making both sides lightproof. hope that made some kind of sense , i gotta go smoke a bowl now:hubba:

nice job lyfr....up in post #52 those two new coco buckets..whats wrapped around them? and why? nice way to keep panda film closed lyfr..I use that reflective bubble insolation wrap and use velcro works sweet 4me..on the inside i used spray addhesive to put up milar..on the outside i spray addhesive black poly for no light leaks..Keep up the great work..and take care and be safe

Thanks lyfr...it makes sense. i'm going to pick one up tonight and give it a try. I figure i'll cut a piece of panda film the length of the zipper and a little wider than the zipper to block the light. I'll just use velcro to close/open the zipper flap wen needed. thanks again.

Latest posts

Back