new to hps need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathPanx420

Reaction score
i just got a new hid socket well kinda stole from a underpass it was jsut the socket i hooked up a cord iso its fine i was wondering do i need a ballast to run the lamp or and what actually does the ballast call for just to mininmize electricty and heat ..and without what would be happening if someon could answer some of these questions thansk i plan on running 400 watt hps threw it

wouldnt he need an ignitor too?
when u get an hps, its not just a ballast...it has other parts the make the whole hps work....
or atleast that what i know of.

lol dood, stop trying to shoot me down. you know what else he needs? a cap too and some wiring some solder jeezus dood. when i say ballast i mean the ENTIRE setup used to run the light. its in a case and called a ballast.

if you want to do a diy one i can pm you some links but it be easier to order a whole setup finished w bulb for 100 bux @ insidesun.com

if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

toa, you get too offened by stuff man.
I have never tried to shoot you down.
It was kinda a honest question i had?? "wouldnt he need a ignitor too"
I thought maybe you knew alot about electronics, and hps's.
i just know the basics...i thought u were saying it would work with just a ballast....so i asked a qustion.

and if by you saying "ballast", and it for some reason meant that he needs everything" that wasnt a very clear statment anyways.....so ideally you should be more clear with your post.

and No i wasnt shooting you down kid...so just relax !!
i have always thought your a good poster, i have read other posts by you, and thanked you for them.
so just chill man

Hick said:
What he needs is a job!.. so he can buy his own light, rather than stealing it from ME.... the taxpayer...:(

Lol hick...

very true man....

Never thought of it like that............enjoy that light that were paying for buddy :)

Hick said:
What he needs is a job!.. so he can buy his own light, rather than stealing it from ME.... the taxpayer...:(
.....i heard some where before about drama no one needs it stop hating

DeathPanx420 said:
.....i heard some where before about drama no one needs it stop hating
"Stop hateing".?? hee hee.. when you stop robbing me.
"Who's" money do you think is going to replace that light? mine mine mine! I'm a taxpayer. a taxpayer that feels he is overburdened by taxation, to which your theiving, has only contributed.
You're absolutely correct, in assumeing that I detest theives. IMHO, they are a very low form of life, most commonly simply too lazy to work, and I've yet to see one that didn' feel that the 'world' didn't owe them a living.
I've been stolen from, I don't like it. Matter of fact I hate it, and so does every other person that has worked and paid hard earned money for what they have..or HAD.. untill someone like you, come along and thought they desreved it for FREEEEEE!
This site, is a site where folks can support and help one another along in the art of cultivation, so they can supply their own needs. We offer it up free.. nothing here to steal.. :)
This is NOT a site where stealing is condoned, or tolerated. Not lights, not electricity, not anothers crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back