no Fresh air into my grow tent !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
hey,
i have a homebox XL grow tent in my room.i use 200CFM extractor with cooltube for ventilation and there is no temp problem for now and humidity 55 %.

everything seems fine.
but i am doubt.

the windows of the rooms of my home are always closed because weather is very cold here ( 0 Celsius )
in other worlds,the fresh air almost never flow to my home .

is it a problem ?

( we use central heating here )

200 cfm in an XL is good. You will be drawing in the air from the surrounding area, which will probably end up being the temp in the tent. As long as your exhaust exit is on the roof you should be fine.

You will probably end up with bad condensation problems if you allow your exhaust air to recirculate inside your home.

It would be far better if you vented outside.

I haven't seen problems with re-circulating the air inside of the room. for a 400w light, my buddy just sucked the air out of the tent (using and inline fan) through the light and out the carbon filter into the room.

he had no problems with heat.

Don't worry about it. I ran my first indoor grow in a small grow room with no ventilation at all and still got some good results. Not that I am saying that's the way to go! But I think you will do OK.

If you are pushing 200cmf out, 200cfm is being circulated in unless you know a mad skillz vacuum grow tek lol.

If a building could be built 100% hermeticallly sealed, it would mildew and mold like no one's business. A building must breath, which means through the tiniest nooks and cranies if nothing else. At one point, a product called EFIS was tried on residential buildings--it was great because it didn't allow any air inside. Wrong, the wood framing parts all mildewed and there was a class action lawsuit, And now the stuff is strictly verboten on residences in my weenie shaped state. I built structures for 25 years and never built one that didn't "breath." I'm fairly new to the sport of MJ cultivation, but I'm a certified, registed expert at buildings. IMO: Don't worry about it; you're getting more fresh air than you realize. If not you'd eventually pass out from lack of O2, but your plants would look marvelous.

I love the usage of verboten. such a powerful solid word. great post to / this thread pencil.

Remember, you're a CO2 producing machine, as well as anyone else living in your home, in addition to any pets you have, that combined with what Pencil said should keep ya in the clear.

Latest posts

Back