Noob 2 Cabinet DWC Stealth Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tater_salad

Reaction score
For equipment I purchased a pre-built Personal Stealth Grow Box. You can find it on Ebay. Do a search for hydroponics and you will find a selection of cabinets priced up into the thousands of dollars. This was a price I could live with. Ask for a link to this cabinet for more info. While not a turn-key setup, it did come with a cabinet, an 8 light cfl setup, exhaust fan with a 21 inch carbon scrubber. It’s has 12 spots for 2 inch net pots, an 8 gallon tub with an air stone and an ultrasonic fogger. Here’s a look.

box 011.jpg

13799newcabinside.jpg

My other project for this grow is a cabinet that I purchased at a garage sale for $30 a few years back. Everyone in this house has seen it for a few years so it won't be an obvious new piece of furniture. It's dimensions are 30"W x 20"D x 32"H. This will be where I will keep 2 mother plants of some strain at some point, and where I will be growing my small stuff. (Biggie Small and Lowlife Auto White Russian. This cabinet will run at 18 hours of light/6 hours off 24/7. The tubs are modular, so I can mix and match my grow for the current situation. I will also do clones in this cabinet. For lights I'm running 4 45 watt CFL's 5500K and 4 26 watt CFL's 6500K. I have a 120MM intake fan and a carbon scrubber with and built in exhaust fan. The carbon scrubber is running off the side and behind a computer stand. The noise of the cabinet fans sounds like the fans running in my computer. I have a 10 spot 2" net pot DWC with air stones and an ultrasonic fogger. Here is a look at it.

13799garage31.jpg

13799garage11.jpg

box 007.jpg

My babies are doing well after some minor setbacks. As a Noob I knew I would make mistakes along the way, and I did. I had some trouble with keeping some of my sprouts alive. They either got to wet or to dry in the rockwool cubes. There is definately a process involved in getting a sprouted seed to produce roots through the rockwool. When they do get some roots down things seem to go a little better. I also had stunted some of my seedlings because they were to cold and my rockwool was too wet. After I got that straighten out the little shits started putting down roots big time and started doing really well.

I currently have them vegging in a DWC and I'm using an ultrasonic fogger. I'm feeding them Flora Nova 3 part at about 475 PPM. I have them under 4 45 watt CFL's 5500K and 4 26 watt 6500K. They see to be thriving. I have also decided to use a 250 watt HPS for flower in my other cabinet. I can probably use 8 26 watt CFL 2600K to flower them, but I want to make sure I get the best possible crop I can get, so I decided a 250 watt HPS was the way to go. My flowering cabinet is in my unheated basement and it is still to cold to put them down there, so I will let them stay and veg for a while in my veg/clone cab. I have also decided to try doing my first grow with a SCROG. In all my research in various forums it looks like a SCROG is the way to go for small cabinet grows for maximum yeild. I hope to have a couple of these babies turn out to be females so I have some moms for clones down the road. This seed thing is a pain in the ***. Attached a some pics to show you where things are at. There is a pic of my home made SCROG screen. The cool thing about it is I can buy different height legs for it. This currently has 10" legs. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated by this old grey beard Noob.

box 004.jpg

box 008.jpg

box 009.jpg

box 012.jpg

plug.jpg

Latest posts

Back