Noobie, but gotta learn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potplusguitar

Reaction score
hey guys. so heres my situation. im attempting to clone.. been.. four days? not expecting anything to happen yet, but ive got my cutting with the root formula on the stem, in my soil, which is in aplant pot inside a plastic drinking cup to catch any excess water, watering occasionally, spraying leaves with small amount of water... and its in a makeshift humidome with flouresant lamp shining in. heat/humidity is being generated aroudn the plant and it smells a little like pot. feel free to laugh at me, but tell me what i'm doing wrong, and how i should be doing things, i can get another cutting if needed, jsut help me out? thanks.

You'll get some expert help here shortly... In the meantime, I have the best luck with clones about 4 inches max length with at least 2 nodes of leaves removed and covered in the rooting hormone. I keep them in low light the first day and the next morning they're all standing up nice. Good luck!

no expert help here, but can tell you the most important thing is.....................PATIENTS..(SP)..everything else sounds good to me..any pics avail?..

wow, glad to see some posts, glad to see im not completely retarded.. ill TRY and get some pics up of my little nook asap.. im growing without certain authority figures in my house knowing.. if you know what i mean ;) aaand if i truely am on my way, if anyoen could tell me what i might expect..? leaves are still pretty green, its been four days since i made the cutting and stuck it in soil, 2 days since i bought/applied the root formula.. if this was a abd move lemme know. i keep a bright flouresent light on it at least 18 if not the full 24 hours a day.. dunno what else to report.. thanks for the education

k so heres a couple pictures of my hobo setup, and my plant. cameras a peice of ****, those in my household ahve left the camera shutter open far too many times, and now its crap, all apologies for terrible picture quality, these were the best three. hope this helps you help me:p

PDR_0294.JPG

PDR_0295.JPG

PDR_0296.JPG

checked this morning and the leaves are wilting a little bit... normal?

Be sure not to water too much. You really want it to dry out. You are tryin' to force the cutting into shooting roots to look for water. If your medium is too wet, they will not shoot roots, and wilt.

Get your light further away from the cut also.

the main leaves as long it dont wilt, it's okay, the rest of leaves, I wouldnt worry about it, if it does respond to the lights

then they are not dying... again being patient does pays the worth of time..

i think its dying.. going to get another cutting. where would the desired place be to cut from the mother? plant stands about 2 feet tall.. small little "flowers" forming at the base of each group of leaves... help me out

Trim those top leaves. Cut them off about half way out. Less weight for the clone to support, and it allows the plant to use more energy in root building.

mist the leaves, dont water the soil. Expect to wait 7 days under ideal conditions, I have had to wait upto 20 days when its cold.

Take all your clones from the top of the plant, new healthy growth will root faster.

Latest posts

Back