NorCal Tsunami warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roddy

NorCal is under a tsunami warning, the tsunami could hit around 8:30am this morning. Hawaii was spared damage, but they're calling for up to 3' tsunami waves in California.

is this part preparation for 2012 predictions?- lets take this seriously.

Get to higher ground people....hope everyone stays safe. Tsunami's scare the sheet out of me.

Waves are pullin back in Oregon...If you live on the beach please go to higher ground. Santa Monica has 2 foot waves...

My girlfriend at the beach in oregon has moved to higher ground, they got the warning at 4:00 am.
We have peeps over there, how is it going?

calm down guys.. no need to rush to higher ground or anything.
it's not some huge wave heading to the westcoast. here in BC was just a few feet, not damaging at all.

just to calm your nerves in the future roddy, there's a big difference between tsunami advisory and tsunami warning..
advisory mean they're just giving us a heads up, like if the local cops were driving by. warning is get ready cause the cops are pulling in the driveway ;)

Thanks kaotic. Talked to a friend in Oregon that said they're getting waves but noting serious just a little more height than usual.

I have friends in Arcata, they have evacuated.

Anyone know what has happened in Crescent City?
I heard many boats went out to open sea to ride out the waves. I also heard, second hand from the news, the harbor was hit hard.

420_Osborn said:
Waves are pullin back in Oregon...If you live on the beach please go to higher ground. Santa Monica has 2 foot waves...

Im sure this is no longer a big concern, but for those who arent aware, the ocean retracts just before a tsunami hits, the ocean pulls back, exposing possibly hundreds of feet of beach that was under water just before, this is a sign that the tsunami is approachin and will arrive very soon, just so ya know. lol

A warning for 2-3 foot waves?!?

Coming from SoFla, if someone said that, we would be, and???

OTOH, a 15ft storm surge will get everyones attention.

Wet

its not the height of the waves that matter, while these ones didnt, 3 ft tsunami waves have the ability to travel several hundred feet inland.

dman1234 said:
its not the height of the waves that matter, while these ones didnt, 3 ft tsunami waves have the ability to travel several hundred feet inland.

:yeahthat: And the waves travel at tremendous speed as well, forcing things like boats and cars together, then driving them into homes and such. Tsunami, is a type of wave such as, a wake is a wave that is caused by a moving object on the water. They are a type of wave that is different from your typical gentle wave that washes onto the shore every day.

Watched some on tv and when the cars and a boat were swept under the bridge you could see a woman in a red dress banging on the rear window of her car before it went underwater really sad to watch.
T4

The world is a crazy place. I got stoned and watched the How The Earth Was Made show on National Geographics last night. The wife and I were talking about how eventually the earth would probably evolve again, and maybe not into a habitable environment. When you wake up the very next morning and hear about another huge earthquake it will get you thinking that this might be happening sooner than later.Scary stuff..

Latest posts

Back