NORML Breaking News: Marijuana Legalization Bills Introduced In Massachusetts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not sure that is always the case LowRider. I know the issue was on the table last year here (think it got stopped hard). But here, you can take a handgun directly home from a gunshow, and maybe even if you are buying it from a private citizen.

We love us some guns here. Gots possums to stew, squirrels to giblet. We needs them.

you can do private sale anywhere, may break the law depending on state if you don't feel out the transfer paper, and for the gun show, you still have to go through a background check and the dealer still has to ship the gun back to a local dealer if out of state and if there's a waiting period well you still have to wait, just because its a gun show doesn't mean federal law isn't in effect.

zipflip said:
i'd put money on it that the state i live in will be the last to adopt any decriminalization or legalization of any kind lol. its sad place here, let me tell you wat...
ohio???

In ______, licensed gun dealers (known as Federal Firearms Licensees, or FFLs) are required to conduct a criminal background check on each and every individual they sell a gun to. However, due to a loophole in federal and state law, unlicensed sellers are also allowed to sell firearms at ______ gun shows without conducting background checks on purchasers. The ______ State Police report that between 22 and 35 percent of the firearms sellers at ______ gun shows do not possess an FFL and are not required by law to perform background checks.

I took out the state for a _______. But thats how it works here Low.

and many states now have an instant check system in place so a BG check only tales 5-10 minutes even at gun shows..TN, rules for speedy gun buying

LowRider said:
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. The only gun your taking back that day would be some type of long gun (rifle/shotgun) and that DEPENDS ON STATE LAW. Handguns MUST be shipped from the DEALER you bought it from to your local DEALER. NO IF'S or BUT'S about it. please refram from mentioning gun laws when you have no clue.

The corridor between Virginis and NY is known as a gun runners paradise. People go from NY to Virginia, purchase trunks full of weapons not available to them legaly in their home state and resell them to gangbangers. you can pretend that all these gun dealers are on the up-and-up but facts belie your assertions.
Firearms enthusiasts recognize these basic facts, "gun nuts" deny them because they are afraid of any laws they feel would further restrict their ease of availability.

Latest posts

Back