Northern Lights nute question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyFreshB

Reaction score
I just germed 9 Nirvana Nothern Light seeds...

100% success rate...

I'm using FoxFarm Nutes...

My question is how long should i wait to feed them... and... What strength according to the FoxFarm Nute chart 1/4 strength or 1/2 strength...

Peace,
B

i just started 1/4 strength grow big every other watering, waited for cotyledon's to go yellow - on my nirvana northern lights.. they seem to take it fine.. just did the plain watering today and I'll feed again next time.

thestandard said:
i just started 1/4 strength every other watering, waited for cotyledon's to go yellow - on my nirvana northern lights.. they seem to take it fine.. just did the plain watering today and I'll feed again next time.
So you started them out on 1/4 strength nutes soon as they broke ground?

I'm just asking alot of questions and will continue to for awhile because i don't want to mess these up.

Here's a pic... They just came up today :)

Peace,
B

DSCN1488.JPG

thestandard waited until the cotyledons turned yellow, before adding nutrients. Those leaves are the plants initial nutrient 'reserve', so when they turn yellow it means the soil is no longer giving the plant optimal nutrients.

I recommend feeding nutrients at 1/4 of the 'recommended' strength, every 2nd watering, at first. After that, you slowly increase as the plant can take it. This is where you have to start 'guessing' at what they can handle.

:)

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/hort/facilities/downloads/proMixBX.pdf

It is essential to begin fertilization within
7 days after planting and maintain fertilizer applications throughout the course of crop production.
That soil has very little nutes, expect the cotyledons to yellow early on.
Be careful not to overwater, as that soil has a wetting agent.

Also, I have a clear plastic cover over them is it safe to remove that now?

i use pro -mix (i like it) - it has no nutes + u must start fertilizing within the 1 st week of its popping out of the ground. flor. lites is best at this time + i always turn a fan(s) on directly. helps promote stronger stem growth, helps dry out the promix faster, building a stronger root system. remove the cover - they need lites (24/7 best) + fresh air - try 4 temps mid 70 - lites on + mid 60 lites off. good luck, + keep up the good growin.

kanehduhbuz said:
i use pro -mix (i like it) - it has no nutes + u must start fertilizing within the 1 st week of its popping out of the ground. flor. lites is best at this time + i always turn a fan(s) on directly. helps promote stronger stem growth, helps dry out the promix faster, building a stronger root system. remove the cover - they need lites (24/7 best) + fresh air - try 4 temps mid 70 - lites on + mid 60 lites off. good luck, + keep up the good growin.

Thanks kanehduhbuz. Right now I'm using 6 26w Cool white CFLs, and my temps are right in your suggested range....

B

Latest posts

Back