nuked the grow rm. today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IRISH

she's squeaky clean now. had a spider mite infestation. everything has been nuked, and bleached down. the 'ol lady was kind enough to lend her expertise.:hubba: . (i'm sure i'll owe her clear into the new year).:rolleyes: .
soo, the lesson learned on the last round, is to not except any plants into the house from outside sources.:eek: .
still trying to decide my next victims'. thinking about doing ww's, and ultimate indicas', from seed, in soil. did i tell you spider mites suck?..bb...

yes spider mites sucks.. I decide to transplant my 2 male plants to outside

now spider mites is getting busy there.. and leave my mum plants alone in growroom.. IMO that does help!!.. as long I visit my mums first before I go to male plants next.. if I want to visit my mums again.. I have to take good shower first...

why you got males papa? gonna breed? tell me that aint your pic on your avatar?

banjobuzz said:
soo, the lesson learned on the last round, is to not except any plants into the house from outside sources.:eek: .

At least not without a nice little quarantine time to make sure they are free of pests.

whats up CG? yeah, about that quarantine thing. i had to put the hash plant clones right in the cloner, as they were wrapped in wet paper towel when they got here. i should have set it up in the shed. was so excited to be gifted them, straight in the house they came. wont make that mistake again.
oh yeah bro, that cloner is the shizzle.:hubba: . 14 days, 2 water changes, and waaa-la, we had nice rootage.:) . now that i have a CG, phd in cloning, you think maybe 'ol bb can do some breeding now?:D . soon to be in the works, ultimate indica x ww x northern lights x lifesaver.:hubba: ...thanks for sharing your knowledge with an 'ol pot grower, and smoker like me CG.:D ...bb...

Good start Banjo. Clean that up!

I have said this before, and will say it again. The KEY to spidermite control is to stay on top of it.
You have to treat your plants and moms like clockwork. Whatever treatment you use, do it every 3-5 days while in veg and up to 2 weeks in flower. You should do this to your moms also, all the time. NEVER stop. Just cause you can't see em, don't mean they are there.

When u get a new clone, treat it before u walk in your door. Then treat it again after 3 days. Then introduce it to your current grow. Then treat it again.

It's war man, and if u slip, you will lose.

thanks NCH. i hear you man. its deffinately a battle. i took my clones down because of them, early. i'm doing some painting today. went and bought a cup sprayer for my compressor to make the job a bit easier.
got some beans germing right now.

i know i asked this somewhere else,but forgot where.what causes the spider mites and is there and preventive measures to take.i have so far never seen any of these buggers.guess i've been lucky.

You should alternate whatever treatments you decide on...the spidermites will build a resistance to any one product you continually throw at them, its recomended to use three different types of treatment in a rotation....i use floramite,avid,and sm-90....ftw

Thank ya BB.... Yea I am still working up the nerve to order some good beans again.... all 4 of my orders from the Doc got sonfiscated heh.... Thinking of maybe trying one of the Canadian outfits though.

I have been fighting White Flies for a while now.. They suck too.... Nothing like the mites though.... More of a PITA then a danger. They got in or were attracted by a Tomato plant the old lady brought home..... New grow room rule... NO outside plants heh... I think I about got them licked though....

Latest posts

Back