nute lock up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi dc

Reaction score
i was woundering is there any way that i can fix my nute lock up problem?

just try flushing with plain water for couple of days dude

Hey Yogi, what did you do to cause a nutrient lockout? Are you sure that's the problem? Are you using dirt or hydro? What nutes are you using?

well SB i am growing hydro, the plants are clones and theyare about two wqeeks in to flowering. i am using DNF AB bloom 3-0-3 1-0.5-3. the leaves are turning gray and brittle.

yogi dc said:
well SB i am growing hydro, the plants are clones and they are about two weeks in to flowering. i am using DNF AB bloom 3-0-3 1-0.5-3. the leaves are turning gray and brittle.
Is it all the leaves on the plant or just some? Is the entire leaf turning grey and brittle? Does it do it in stages? Are the buds forming? Do the buds look right? How large are the plants? Are you using the exact formula that the seller suggests for this stage of growth? Are you using Chlorinated water?

Whew! Lot's of questions, I know, but I don't want to guess with the life of your plants hanging in the balance.

Stoney Bud said:
Is it all the leaves on the plant or just some? Is the entire leaf turning grey and brittle? Does it do it in stages? Are the buds forming? Do the buds look right? How large are the plants? Are you using the exact formula that the seller suggests for this stage of growth? Are you using Chlorinated water?

Whew! Lot's of questions, I know, but I don't want to guess with the life of your plants hanging in the balance.

Tanks SB, alright here we go, just some of the leaves are gray and brittle and i have been cutting them out when they die. the buds are not forming fully yet but their are lots of hairs. they are about two week in to flowering. The plants are about a foot tall, one has been toped and one has been bent over. and yes i am using chlorinated water now but at first i was buying water from wallyworld but no change.
thanks for the hlep i hope this helps i am going to take a few pics.

HPIM1724.JPG

HPIM1725.JPG

HPIM1727.JPG

HPIM1726.JPG

HPIM1728.JPG

whats the ph of the mix? and ppm?

are you feeding the plant by what it ask for or just toss the nutes in like :eek:

first thing i would look at is ph as well as get them on plain PH adjusted water at 5.8 until new growth shows no issues then start them back up on a light dose of nutes around 3-400 ppm....

still need more info tho here... grow room conditions (temps, Rh, intake and exhaust. ect)

the temp is at a constant 86F with the lights off its at 72F the PH is at 5.8 to 6.3. i change the nute every week. i only add the recomended amount of nute never more but sometimes less it depends on what they need. i also added some b-1 to help with the flush. i have a duel exhaust fan and a caged intake fan.
I have five harvest under my belt three hydro and two soil and i have never had this happen.

yogi dc said:
the temp is at a constant 86F with the lights off its at 72F the PH is at 5.8 to 6.3. i change the nute every week. i only add the recomended amount of nute never more but sometimes less it depends on what they need. i also added some b-1 to help with the flush. i have a duel exhaust fan and a caged intake fan.
I have five harvest under my belt three hydro and two soil and i have never had this happen.

that all sounds ok there... but would like know how you determine when and how much to feed... your feeding schedule not what the bottle says as these are 2 different things. what the bottle says to feed means nothing to the plant, and none list proper amount's for marijuana which IS a weed

do you feed the plant daily what it has ate (ppm wise) and feed that back to it plus what it wanted?

not sure the B-1 is needed in the flush but dont think it will hurt either from what i just googled on it (I dont use it)

time for the P tool :joint4:

Clorinated water can cause lockout of Nitrogen. Yours doesn't sound like lockout to me, it sounds like over feeding. Try cutting back on your nutes and see if you get a change. The old leaf won't heal. Look at the new growth.

oh ya first thing came to mind is your npk ratio seems kinda light in P ;) which can then intutn lock out Ca and mg....

just a thought

Your plants look too small to use full strength of DNF... try dosage at 2.5ml per litre... maybe a lil less.... and get DNF black and DNF gold extremely well worth the extra $$.. it'll help with any other lockouts or deficencies.

Gotta watch it by treating an overdose with more nutes. I would tip towards the overnuting aspect (again).

HGB said it best. I think most formulations are set too high for MJ. It also depends on the system you use. Some are very efficient at delivering nutes to plants (assuming bioavailability) and you can grow in a very low nute enviro.

Lastly, no one mentions starting water PPM. Unless you are factoring that in, suggestions from other people can be very misleading.

For example, undissolved salts can make up a large part of water in some areas; more than 300ppm. So if you compare that to water like mine at less than 50 we are talking a whole different starting point.

100ppm can be HUGE in small applications. Just last week I had my truncheon reading 400. I started putting water in to see when it hit 300. I went all the way to the top of the res and it was still blinking 4! That was an eye opener for me.

Thas why it should always be done by EC... starting you calculate as 300.

Latest posts

Back