NV's SS CC Bubba Kush, final experiment- #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how many weeks we at Nv? my bk's are behind yours at 4 weeks in my simple/humble soil. lol. i got some stretch on a couple on the outskirts of the lights, reaching in. i move 'em around daily. i need to throw up some more pics somewhere. the bg looks sweet, but a runt Skush is stealing the show...:D :cool: ...

where's tinfoilhat grower hiding? better yet, whats he hiding?:D ...lol...

IRISH said:
how many weeks we at Nv? my bk's are behind yours at 4 weeks in my simple/humble soil. lol. i got some stretch on a couple on the outskirts of the lights, reaching in. i move 'em around daily. i need to throw up some more pics somewhere. the bg looks sweet, but a runt Skush is stealing the show...:D :cool: ...

where's tinfoilhat grower hiding? better yet, whats he hiding?:D ...lol...

5 weeks this Saturday bro. Not sure where TFH is tonight. Probably got hold of something real good:hubba: I usually only get to be on with him on the weekends (BIG time zone diff) and I been getting down with grow stuff the last couple of them. He'll be along real quick;)

Hey man, throw up a pic o' them bubbas right here for us! Think we all wanna look;) Sounds like were pretty close time wise..

TURKEYNECK said:
indeed:D lookin' good as always NV.

Thanks for coming by TN!:D Man, a grow just wouldn't be right without TurkeyNeck comin' in to say hello;)

Dang NV you got it goin on!!! Looks like I found this just in time, I don't want to miss the fireworks! I think I'm sold on the ss, I liked it when I first saw it on this site, then High Times had it in the grow guide for 2009, and I liked it a little bit more, now after seeing it work between you and qman ...well I think I love it! That stuff is definately doing the trick! Are you noticing significant differences so far, I saw that you got your flowers 4 days earlier, so other than that how much more diff is it.

Oh yeah and your guacamole looks almost as good as your BK....lol

Can't wait to watch this finish....Nice work!

legalize_freedom said:
Dang NV you got it goin on!!! Looks like I found this just in time, I don't want to miss the fireworks! I think I'm sold on the ss, I liked it when I first saw it on this site, then High Times had it in the grow guide for 2009, and I liked it a little bit more, now after seeing it work between you and qman ...well I think I love it! That stuff is definately doing the trick! Are you noticing significant differences so far, I saw that you got your flowers 4 days earlier, so other than that how much more diff is it.

Oh yeah and your guacamole looks almost as good as your BK....lol

Can't wait to watch this finish....Nice work!

Well brother, let me say it like this: There might be something to it;)

A little ol' indoor bubba kush fan leaf:hubba:

2009_1121Nov230002.JPG

Ok, so here we go. First off, a collection of all the necessary ingredients. I changed it up a little this time. As I mentioned earlier I decided to give Bio Bizz and EJ Amazon Bloom a try. The Bio Bizz and the EJ are the same thing, basically, but the EJ has a little more 'stuff' in it. In fact next go around I will probably just use HF and EJ and skip the Bio. I also added oyster shell flour and glacial rock to the mix.

In the pics, these are my ingredients. And the mix in the bath tub. Once I mixed these I added perlite and 2 1/2 gallons of tap water (aged) and mixed again. And there you have it. Almost 100 gallons of SS ready to 'cook'.

This wasn't without it's tragedy, though. On the second batch I accidentally grabbed the bag of glacial rock, thinking it was the bat guano, and dumped it in. Ooooops!!!:doh: I dug out as much as I could, but I know there is about 10x the amount I intended to use. The glacial rock was just another trace source, so I think nothing will come of it at all. Still kind of sucks I burned through that whole supply. Good thing it's dirt cheap. Ok, so this is it. Done. Now all I need to do is aeriate once or twice and wait for the next grow. It's that easy. Enjoy!:D

2009_1120Nov220001.JPG

2009_1122Nov2220090001.JPG

2009_1122Nov2220090002.JPG

2009_1122Nov2220090003.JPG

Sweet. Are you using any worm castings on there

Wonder Worm. The best I could find. Like dumping coffee grounds in my soil. Hey Q, let me know if you get short on the next turn. I should have some extra.

i accidently grabbed the...:eek: , lol. usually happens to me when stoned. woops...

don't want to sully your fine thread with my paltry grow pics,:D , so i put a link in sig for ya.:cool: ...my bk is 4 weeks, and is running behind yours a bit...

man, is the bat poo expensive over there? i get worm poo dirt cheap. $3.75 thereabouts, for 10lbs. wal$mart...

sup Q...

Wonder worm is what I use. How much you get it for down there? I pay 23 for a 22 lb. bag

not much IRISH

Evening Irish! I have a pretty cool deal in a near by town. There are two grow shops that offer a great rawbar. You can get as much, or as little as you want. If one place doesn't have it, the other one will. There are several seabird and bat guanos offered and they are dirt cheap this way. There are also 2 major worm farms near me. I have yet to check them out (I know, totally lame on my part). I went with the Wonder Worm at about $1.25 per pound. That hurt, but they look like choice castings. I should go buddy up with one of the farms and see what I can get for cheap or free. I wonder if any of them burn???? Hmmm. I could use a trade like that!

Ok, gonna go check out your new pics!;)

Hey folks, so here's where we're at so far. Welcome to week 5 of the last time I ever run this cut again! This morning I will cut the mother at the main stock and she will be no more. The last time I ran this cut I ended up pulling the plant at three weeks due to mass balls showing up. Pretty sure that was my bad. Now, this grow on week 5 I have noticed a few errant balls popping up on the lower part of the plants. Too bad for the plant. If I wasn't already half way into this I would pull up now. Time to see if I can push her along for the next few weeks. This entire harvest might end up in the hash pile building in my deep freezer:rolleyes: I guess that the price you pay for trying to get close. Man, I swear, if it ain't the real thing, then I don't want to deal with it anymore!

From here on out, all my bubba kush will be sourced from the pre '98 cut I got this year. Period. No more wannabe trash. And trust me when I say.. That's too bad. This was actually pretty good smoke!

I didn't have any problems with this cut until the run before this one. Now I can't seem to get away from it. I spent some time in the dark on this grow to insure there were no light leaks, so that's not the problem. This is depressing. My best hopes are I can salvage this grow with no more balls. Worst case? I pull early and hope for mid quality hash:)hairpull:)

1211.jpg

Bummer Bro...it's a sweet looking plant...here is some GREEN MOJO to try and get you through to the finish line without any more yam bags showing up...

Hi nv. Too bad on the hermi. Surely is some mouth watering bud you have there.

I had a wonderful affy mom for over 2 years that had similar circumstances. Many flowerings with no balls, then her clones just started throwing balls after around 3 weeks of flower. My flowerbox was light tight so that was not an issue. Finally put her down cause there was no hope.......:(

Hamster Lewis said:
Bummer Bro...it's a sweet looking plant...here is some GREEN MOJO to try and get you through to the finish line without any more yam bags showing up...

Thanks Hammy. Man, I want this grow to be over NOW! lol! I'm so disgusted I just really want to move on, ya know? I am really looking forward to looking forward. We'll see how this goes.... I might get lucky. I might have caught them all. Hopefully they are done growing balls, but is that ever the way?

Nice bud, bad hermi. I'm starting to see thg viewpoints on hermies. Death to all hermies!

HI bud,

Sorry to hear about the errant pollen sacs...
icon9.gif
BUT that is some KILLER looking bud and a few seeds won't diminish the quality much if any from the looks of things. I can't blame you for going with another cut since you have that luxury out there in the land of the free but just try to keep your eyes open for nanners and if you don't see any they will probably only get a few seeds anyhow. At least with a single strain grow you can be sure of the source. I've been doing all multi strain runs and sometimes when there is a subtle hermie situation producing a few seeds it's harder to pinpoint the source. It sure looks like the SS is working nice tho... Chin up bud! You're making solid progress with your SS run and just being able to confirm a pheno's genetic disposition to going hermie is good info to have even if it comes with the demise of a pheno in your garden and your current run being a bit of a disappointment you know it's for the best in the long run.

Peace!:cool:

Pot Belly said:
I had a wonderful affy mom for over 2 years that had similar circumstances. Many flowerings with no balls, then her clones just started throwing balls after around 3 weeks of flower. My flowerbox was light tight so that was not an issue. Finally put her down cause there was no hope.......:(

Yeah, that just blows. I noticed last run just how sensitive this plant was. She balled up and none of my other strains were even affected. I played this run by the book, really careful like. Didn't seem to matter. Too bad about your affy. Mine seems to be pretty tough. I had her in the last run also and she never faltered

I'm way behind in my reading. Geez, nv! I miss a few posts and you go picking up the condo buckets wrong, ya get bugs on your plants and one goes hermie. How can someone get into so much trouble in such a short time :confused:

Those sure are pretty plants, I can imagine the smell in the flower room :). I'm going to have to look into that ss stuff again :hubba:.

I see Irish has bounced back from his setback :hubba:. I'm off to check his thread, now :).

Over!

What a bummer, bro. I'm sure you can pull her off though, even if you decide it is just for hash. Good luck man, and mojo for you next grow!

Latest posts

Back