Oh Gnats !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam

Reaction score
As some of you are aware, my gourgeous ladies have gnats..sounds like a peosonal problem...I know, but none-the-less, we need help. StonyBud and Puff have given me some GREAT suggestions, but the fact is I'm piss POOR. I have a budget of $0. Does anyone know of some home remedy that actually works and will not hurt the plants ? or do I just need to keep my fan on them until I can save up a few bucks or rob the neighbor kid's sand box before it freezes over ,....LOL:hairpull:

Keep the fan on. Water from the bottom, and keep top layer of soil dry.

Look down on the bottom for Similar Threads........Gnats is very common and it has all been discussed before there. Good luck

Reactions: Cam
..an inch of perlite will "help".
As potbelly said "keep the top 2 inches dry." Gnats require "damp" conditions in order to procreate.

Thanks BotBelly,
Your thoughts both fit into the budget and the "moral" law:yeahthat:

Pot Belly said:
Keep the fan on. Water from the bottom, and keep top layer of soil dry.

Look down on the bottom for Similar Threads........Gnats is very common and it has all been discussed before there. Good luck

Hick said:
..an inch of perlite will "help".
As potbelly said "keep the top 2 inches dry." Gnats require "damp" conditions in order to procreate.
it worked great for me he perlite on top and a cople days later i did not see not one ****** knat!!

I am in the process of my first grow with 10 plants and battled gnats as well. At home depot or lowes they sell a bottle called garden safe insecticide that cost 5 dollars and it sais use it where needed and use a good amount. It works for the most part but I had also put some perlite on the top to prevent the eggs from hatching so if u have sum perlite u can do that to. Also theo nesthat dont die rite away fro mthe stuff will probably pile up and die in the same spot for mthe fans itll b pretty gross but just sweep them all out or clean it and they should b gone, worked for me.

Garlic tea, works wonders!>)

2T powdered garlic in 1pt water, set out in sun for several hours. Strain out the garlic.

Add 1/4c of G-tea to spray bottle, fill with water, shake, attack!>)

Can be used right up to harvest if needed.

Now if you're as lazy as me, add a dose of fertilizer for folier feeding, and a dose of Supernatural Brand Bio Soy Concentrate (follow Directions on bottles).

I've been using this for a year or so, works wonders:>)

Latest posts

Back