Ok, convince me to continue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoko

Ignored Member
Reaction score
Sounds dramatic eh? ... :D

Now my serious point. This girl will be 10 weeks into flowering next Thursday, but with hardly any fan leaves left, is it worth waiting or go for the chop now?

The point is, I'm under the impression these fan leaves store stuff and feed it to the buds in flowering. I dunno if the case, but it's the impression I'm under.

Anyway, if the plant doesn't have any ... then why bother carrying on?

Incidently, tric's are amber and present, just not all over! ... :confused:

Pics 1, 2, and 3 are the girl in question. Pic 4,5, and 6 are her sister who still has a fair amount of fan leaves yet. They're the same age.

Advice most appreciated at this possible critical stage ... :)

060620091778.jpg

060620091779.jpg

060620091780.jpg

060620091787.jpg

060620091789.jpg

060620091790.jpg

i would go by the trichs ,rather than fan leaves ,,,some i chopp have non some a few ,,

depending on the high you want ,,,
for a more couchlock stone wait for 60 %amber

lesson learned........don't chop fan leaves. Here is an experiment to try if you don't believe me.
Take a plant that is going into flowering. Find two identical shoots coming off the plant near the base that are going to form buds. Cut off one of the fan leaves at the bas of one of the shoots. By the time the plant is finished flowering the shoot with the fan leaf still intact below it will prodce at LEAST twice as much bd as the one without the fan leaf....should you chop the plant? (*)&()&)_&*) NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud is still bud. If you see trichs, continue growing the plant throgh it's cycle.

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
lesson learned........don't chop fan leaves. Here is an experiment to try if you don't believe me.
Take a plant that is going into flowering. Find two identical shoots coming off the plant near the base that are going to form buds. Cut off one of the fan leaves at the bas of one of the shoots. By the time the plant is finished flowering the shoot with the fan leaf still intact below it will prodce at LEAST twice as much bd as the one without the fan leaf....should you chop the plant? (*)&()&)_&*) NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud is still bud. If you see trichs, continue growing the plant throgh it's cycle.
Oh I've not chopped them. They've done this by themselves!

First the bottom lot, and then they work upwards. First go yellow, then brown, then shrivled, then fall off!

My no1 plant as I call her, currently has NO fan leaves as you can see, yet the no2 still has quite a few, although the same IS happening with the yellow, brown, shrivle, fall thing goin on.

I'll keep her under the HPS then for now and go see if I can get a decent look at the tric stitu.

Cheers ... :)

puzzling, at first glance i thought you just got a little scissor happy with the trimmers. i know they fall off towards the end of their days but to this degree? i would check the tric's before you go a cutting, unless u are familiar with your strand

bluealein56 said:
puzzling, at first glance i thought you just got a little scissor happy with the trimmers. i know they fall off towards the end of their days but to this degree? i would check the tric's before you go a cutting, unless u are familiar with your strand
Exactly! ... altho as you can see no2 is fine. Ok, the lower leaves ARE yellowing, and anything below HAS fallen, but it's still got a fair few of the fan leaves left.

10 weeks and amber trichs say time to chop to me...

But what about if the top half of the plant has more amber trics than the lower part.

I can cut the top half off and leave the bottom for another week or so right?

Thanks

Smoko said:
But what about if the top half of the plant has more amber trics than the lower part.

I can cut the top half off and leave the bottom for another week or so right?

Thanks

Yes you can. I often harvest in stages.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes you can. I often harvest in stages.
Then I'm sorted then. Gonna cut half of both of them tomorrow.

I'm sure the lower of the plants could do with a bit longer so will give them another week and see what they look like.

How exciting! ... :)

Latest posts

Back