Ok heres my grow room and pitifull plants Help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KissinStars

Reaction score
Ok so heres my pitifull plants and set up i need advice big time i did order some new seeds waiting for them to arrive heres the ones i have now any advice would be appreciated first timer here if ya cant plainly guess

035.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

Ok, firstly you have to move the light closer to the plants. Place it maybe a few inches away from the seedlings. Gage the heat with the back of your hand. If it feels too hot for you then it is too hot for the plants, but with that said, your plants are stretching toward the light because they are not recieving enough.

Secondly you need to bury those baby stems right you to the first set of leaves.

What are those rubbermaid type things for?

the big one holding the green ones is for drainage because when I trasfer em im trasfering them into the green planters the green ones i bought at walmart just your basic plastic plant bucket holes in the bottom ya know ya know and i just set the cups in them cause i got no where else to put em

massproducer said:
Ok, firstly you have to move the light closer to the plants. Place it maybe a few inches away from the seedlings. Gage the heat with the back of your hand. If it feels too hot for you then it is too hot for the plants, but with that said, your plants are stretching toward the light because they are not recieving enough.

Secondly you need to bury those baby stems right you to the first set of leaves.

What are those rubbermaid type things for?

ok i buried my babies and lowered the light but i think i need a different light the grow light i bought thats in the picture is only 75 watts and from what ive read i need more but as far as grow lights at the stores i have available however they do have a good selection of floresents and im not sure about holigens what wattage of floresent should i use?

for right now that 75w light will be enough you just have to keep your plants as close as they can get, with it.

You do not want a haligen, they are no good for growing MJ, stay away from haligens at all costs.

If you want to step up the lighting for flowering then you can go to home depot and get a small HPS(High Pressure Sodium) light, I think they sell 150w hps, and maybe 250's but I am not sure about the 250's. You could always buy a light online.

:yeahthat: Everything Massproducer said is good advice. Are you using any nutes?

ms_1 said:
:yeahthat: Everything Massproducer said is good advice. Are you using any nutes?

Not at the moment I asked on the sick plants spot what to use didnt really get anything what should i use that I could buy at like walmart or true value They have a decent amount of regular growing stuff the state i live in is big into farming and that sort of thing so they sell alot of stuff im just not sure what im looking for

It sounds like we live in similar places. I have been able to find Schultz 10-15-10 concentrated liquid drops at wal-mart and similar stores. I'd use it 1/2 strength for a while until they stabilize. I have used it through entire grows and it has worked fine but you'll probably want to change to something with a little less nitrogen (the first number) one you start the flowering stage. You can look at the lawn and garden sections in those kind of stores and read the labels and see what they are good for. You can find mixes speacially made for flowering or whatever. I would stay away from anything that says "Miracle Grow" on it because that stuff sucks. When it gets close to harvest time, you'll have to do a good flush for about a week before you chop.
The light is fine for now but you will need to add some for flowering. If you are having to go to wal-mart, I'd get a couple CFLs to hang over the top and then maybe another one like you've got so you can have a tube light on each side to give the bottom buds some more light. Others will tell you to get different kinds of lights and they work great. I'm just a fan of CFLs and tube lights because they are easy to get and set up and the power companies around here sometimes have promotions at the wal-mart where you can buy good CFLs for about $5 each. If I grew more than a couple plants at a time, I might use different lights.
Another thing, you might want to go ahead and put the plants in the big pots right now. After my plants have grown their first leaves, I put them right in the large pots they'll be in for the entire grow. You have to monitor the soil moisture more but I figure the fewer times I stress them by re-potting, the better.
Good Luck and have fun! :aok:

Hi there. First of all, welcome to MP. It's good to have you here. This is a great place to learn how to grow mj like a pro. Make sure to do your research. There is a ton of information on this site but you have to be willing to read and find some of the answers on your own. The Resources tab at the top of the page is a great place to start.

They are definitely stretched. Moving the light closer should prevent that in the future. You are definitely going to need more light. What are the dimensions of your grow area? 50 watts per square foot is what you're shooting for. Multiply the width by the length and that will be your square footage. Compact florescents are good for veg and relatively cheap but they are terrible with flower. The buds will be light and wispy instead of thick and heavy like they should be. High pressure sodium is a great choice for veg and flower. I am just guessing but you will probably need at least a 400 watt system to adequately light up the amount of area you have there. You can buy 400 watt hps systems on ebay or insidesun.com. Definitely check them out. Just my thoughts. Hope it helps. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
Hi there. First of all, welcome to MP. It's good to have you here. This is a great place to learn how to grow mj like a pro. Make sure to do your research. There is a ton of information on this site but you have to be willing to read and find some of the answers on your own. The Resources tab at the top of the page is a great place to start.

They are definitely stretched. Moving the light closer should prevent that in the future. You are definitely going to need more light. What are the dimensions of your grow area? 50 watts per square foot is what you're shooting for. Multiply the width by the length and that will be your square footage. Compact florescents are good for veg and relatively cheap but they are terrible with flower. The buds will be light and wispy instead of thick and heavy like they should be. High pressure sodium is a great choice for veg and flower. I am just guessing but you will probably need at least a 400 watt system to adequately light up the amount of area you have there. You can buy 400 watt hps systems on ebay or insidesun.com. Definitely check them out. Just my thoughts. Hope it helps. Take care and be safe.
Hey smoky, insidesun.com seems like an awesome reference for lights. I have a 400 hps and it seems like I paid far too much money for it.
It was fully equipped by my local grow store, meaning it had a refelector, a built in ballast ( not the digi), and a 400 watt Hortilux bulb. I paid $200 for the set-up, what do you think?
ALso I bought a back-up hortilux bulb which costed me $100, yea *ouch*. Insidesun.com offer 12 400 watt bulbs for a $100 made by Topstart. The local store said that hortilux makes avery strong and effiecient bulb. Have an opinion on it and how does Topstart compare to Hortilux bulbs?

I always wondered what would happen if you gave a plant viagara (sorry ... couldn't resist) ;) Peace

lol runbyhemp yeah they want that light like ***** lmao heres the babies after i buried them

001.JPG

002.JPG

Latest posts

Back