okay im getting a little concerned now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamstein

Reaction score
out of the six seeds i first planted (3 ata tundra and 3 thai haze skunk cross from seedsman) only 2 are growing up out the soil and this is the 5th day, the two that have come up are both tundra and they are like 3 inches tall now, i planted another two yesterday and ive started germinating another 2 in a ziplock bag.

is it common for the seeds to take this long?

is it common for such low germination rate if they actually arent growing?

this is only my frist grow and i know youve probably seen a billion posts similar to this one

Well, usually it takes about 3 days for me to germ and get a tap root, and then once i plant in soil about 3 days to pop. that's outdoors. I've always had great germination success rates. I think maybe 1-2 out of 10 fail i'd say on average. But mostly i find that mine come up. Also planting too deep like mom is pointing out has qutie a bit to do with it too. I wouldn't plant further down than a quarter inch below soil. Other than that what kind of light is it getting?

take care bro and i hope they Sprout.

~Burn ONe~
Dewayne

they are about a quater inch down, the light in there is a 600 watt HPS, but its about 6 feet away, and facing the other direction sos the two sproutlings dont burn.

think im getting all bent out of shape over nothing?

I think that light is kinda far away. I'm not an indoor grower but i believe you keep the light usually about 8 inches from the tops of the plants, in this case keep it about 8 inches from the tops of the pots. Like if you put your hands at the pots and bring the light down till your hand is comfortable, just warm. If it's hot pull thel ight up, if it's cold bring it down a little. If it's comfey for you i guess it's comfey for them. I'm not exactly sure on the ammount of inches but yeah. Take care man hopefully someone can give you more advice than i can, i just outdoor grow.

and as of now, i would be concerned to helping them grow, not of their death. I'd try to find something quick to help them sprout to see if it's just the environment. I'd deifnately say figure out the light thing though, it might help them pull out of the ground better if they're good seeds. Good luck!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

~Burn One~
Dewayne

the first of the thai haze skunk cross just popped up, in the last three hours!

plants are clever, im basically new to all levels of gardening, botany and biology so this is like the most interesting thing ive done ever :)

dude be patient..

I had a seed finally sprout 4-6 days after all my others,
when planted at the same, time.

Some are late bloomers.

The seedlings can handle your light. keep it at 18inches or closer.
People think its over kill and a waste. But can't be as wasteful
as being pointed away 6 feet away.

Goodluck

jamstein said:
the first of the thai haze skunk cross just popped up, in the last three hours!

plants are clever, im basically new to all levels of gardening, botany and biology so this is like the most interesting thing ive done ever :)

Congrats on the new baby. :)

light is back on them now, cheers for the help everyone!

600 watt HPS,........keep the light usually about 8 inches from the tops of the plants
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK...a 600 will fry plants at that distance. cfl's can be placed that close, flourescent tubes even closer.

At a certain distant, Light loses its lumens, exponentially.
Which means.. after a certain distance.. every inch, you move away
the light loses double lumens..

the Ideal distance for 600W is 18 INCHES, as stated before.

There is a thread here some where that has all the measurements
of lights.

4 feet way to far away.. IMO.. Go 2 ft away, after a day or two,
go to 18 Inches away. which is 1.5 feet from your canopy/plant.

cool, im just a little nervous.

i dont have any serious cooling on that bulb, just a desk fan pointed at it

its getting hotter where those little plants are lol

Latest posts

Back