Durban Poison Low Odor stealth grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombtombadll

Reaction score
Seedsman Durban Poison Fem (freebies)
Spider Farmer SF-1000 (less than 100 watts draw)
Custom Grow Safe cabinet 1.5x1.5x 3 (yes, my space is tight)
Fox Farm Ocean Forest with perlite added.
Dyna-grow Foliage Pro, DG Bloom, DG Mag Pro, DG Protekt, Cal Mag.
3 Gallon cloth Smart Pot--raised in saucer.
AC Afinity 4 inch fan.
Hydrocrunch Carbon filter ($35 Home Depot)

I wanted to take a break but got silly and stuck a seed in a peat pellet. It germinated and now I'm stuck growing again. Dammit!

Week 1 Veg (the poor seedling has been placed directly into Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Will she live?)

IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG

Week 2 Maybe the end? The stretchy seedling fell over. Instead of burying the stem deep, I buried it an half an inch deep horizontally the way she fell. This is similar to the way I train, so it may be a good thing. She is stressed now and I'm giving her a 50/50 chance.... At this point this is an experiment, if she dies I win and get a break, if she lives I get more weed. Win/Win, although I'm hoping she bounces back.
IMG_0562.JPG

Last edited:
You’re about to be a father again. Get used to it. 2 things are true when you grow: you can’t stop, and the room is never big enough.

It is very addictive that's for sure. Smoking weed is not addictive, but growing sure is.

Durban Poison will be my first Sativa, can it be done with 36 inches height in my grow space? We will see... I know Sativas get tall.

In that short space I don’t think strain choice is gonna make or break it. It’ll be an experiment you have to test over and over to get the best results. I would be trying to use a rockwool slab though. 2” x 10x10” would save the height limitations from a pot of soil.

In that short space I don’t think strain choice is gonna make or break it. It’ll be an experiment you have to test over and over to get the best results. I would be trying to use a rockwool slab though. 2” x 10x10” would save the height limitations from a pot of soil.

Cool, thanks man. Yeah, this will be a bit of an experiment. Should be fun, I'm not that attached to this plant. (yet)

BUT----I have a weird condition. (I'm silly...) I can't kill plants that I grow. (exception harvest). I just don't have the heart to kill a plant of mine. They are like pets to me....I even say good morning to them and play them music.

"Some people never go crazy, what horrible lives they must live!" (Bukowski) "I'm feeling much better now that I've lost my sanity." (bombtombadil)

Last edited:
SO to hopefully sabotage this grow, I am planting this seedling directly into Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil... Lets see how Durban Poison does in FFOF (the same soil that roasted my Northern Lights plant.)

The stupid plant is growing, I was hoping something would go wrong but nope. I was planning to take summer off due to insane humidity levels here in Virginia but it looks like this plant wants to keep on going... I do have a dehumidifier---it will be run hard bud time.

there is a Durban poison out there that has strong licorice anise and peppery terpenes and an electric happy high

that particular expression is a keeper

there is a Durban poison out there that has strong licorice anise and peppery terpenes and an electric happy high

that particular expression is a keeper

I started with a classic Indica, Northern Lights and figured I'd try another old classic, this time pure sativa. Durban Poison is one of the few pure Sativas out there and as classic as a strain gets, perfect for me. Many also say DP is low odor, we''ll see how it compares to Northern Lights smell wise.

If this seedling lives through FFOF that is, I wouldn't bet money on it. The roots are just getting out of the pete pellet now and tasting Fox Farm Ocean Forest for the first time. I'm waiting for the plant to fry, but you never know. I need a summer grow break and this plant is ruining it ! I wont kill her if she lives, but I'm secretly rooting against her.

I started with a classic Indica, Northern Lights and figured I'd try another old classic, this time pure sativa. Durban Poison is one of the few pure Sativas out there and as classic as a strain gets, perfect for me. Many also say DP is low odor, we''ll see how it compares to Northern Lights smell wise.

If this seedling lives through FFOF that is, I wouldn't bet money on it. The roots are just getting out of the pete pellet now and tasting Fox Farm Ocean Forest for the first time. I'm waiting for the plant to fry, but you never know. I need a summer grow break and this plant is ruining it ! I wont kill her if she lives, but I'm secretly rooting against her.

it occurred to me that if you killed the plant maybe you would be doing both of you a favor

it occurred to me that if you killed the plant maybe you would be doing both of you a favor

I meant to purchase more Happy Frog soil but didn't have any on hand when this seed popped. I figured I'll try the Ocean Forest one more time considering I have a huge bag of it. I think with a little love she'll live. If not, that's it for me and Ocean Forest. So, this grow is more for learning and testing. If something goes wrong, I can pull the plug and get a break. If she lives, I'll let her keep going.

I blame Ocean Forest for my first grow problems, but I am new and have a lot to learn. Maybe it's me, not the soil. So, one more try to be fair to Fox Farm. (with a different strain)

It's only a freebie seed and I was surprised it germinated after such long storage.

You are training it well. I grew some Greenhouse Seeds Thai plants(and trained the heck out of them)that was as pure sativa as you can get, in a 4 foot tall tent. I used T5’s from start to finish and it was a good thing because they got to within an inch or so of the lights. Challenging(my 2nd or 3rd grow) but fun and the smoke was very rewarding.

You are training it well. I grew some Greenhouse Seeds Thai plants(and trained the heck out of them)that was as pure sativa as you can get, in a 4 foot tall tent. I used T5’s from start to finish and it was a good thing because they got to within an inch or so of the lights. Challenging(my 2nd or 3rd grow) but fun and the smoke was very rewarding.

Thanks, yep I train my plants hard due to limited height. At first it seemed a problem, but it's teaching me "tricks" that really take advantage of my light source. I'll keep these tops equal distance from my light, around 10-12 inches from the SF 1000... I topped quite a few times and am hoping to see a lot of flowers soon.

Also, I gave up on Fox Farm Ocean Forest, I had nothing but problems and my plants weren't getting the nitrogen they needed. I transplanted to Fox Farm Happy Frog. I love this soil !

Why would you get banned? As long as you use this account it doesn't matter. Besides your not trying to hide who you are

Latest posts

Back