Old Passion, New Journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Greenmobster,
I’m looking forward to following along with your first grow in a long while! Your plants look great!!

I know you were considering the AC Infinity self watering bases. If you prefer using buckets as I see here, the GroBuckets system worked great too. I did not flush that system and I didn’t run into any leaf issues either.

There are homemade instructions for this 5 gallon bucket system, or you can just buy the parts from GroBucket. Just one more option to consider for sub-irrigated planters……

Best of luck!! You’re off to an awesome start.
IMG_0855.jpegIMG_0856.png

Hey Greenmobster,
I’m looking forward to following along with your first grow in a long while! Your plants look great!!

I know you were considering the AC Infinity self watering bases. If you prefer using buckets as I see here, the GroBuckets system worked great too. I did not flush that system and I didn’t run into any leaf issues either.

There are homemade instructions for this 5 gallon bucket system, or you can just buy the parts from GroBucket. Just one more option to consider for sub-irrigated planters……

Best of luck!! You’re off to an awesome start.
View attachment 348948View attachment 348949
Thank you very much for the info t dub. I've been rambling ideas in my head every since reading about the ac infinity bases your using. System looks clean and easy to manage. I had not looked into the grobucket line yet..thank you. I had no idea you could just buy the guts. Definitely keeping that in mind.

Thank you for the green comment. I'm keeping them alive so far. Really enjoying this new freedom.

Fems Update..5 weeks old, 3 weeks veg

So I removed the screen. I decided to not wait till the screen fills. I need some jars filled soon so I pulled the screen and stored it away. I'll use it for some clones later.

They are coming along. Looks like their roots have taken hold and growth is pretty rapid now. I'm figuring another 1-1.5 weeks till I can flip.
AddText_12-18-04.06.02.jpg
AddText_12-18-04.07.29.jpg
AddText_12-18-03.55.20.jpg
AddText_12-18-04.00.20.jpg
AddText_12-18-04.01.45.jpg
AddText_12-18-04.03.55.jpg

So Ive hooked up with a member here named Carty. Dude has a good method of growing autos so when I see something that appeals to the way I like to grow I get curious and busy.

I've ordered some beans from Carty and will adopt his way of growing autos. Yesterday I got a start on the project. Picked up some 1 gal tall pots w drip pan.. because I am a bottom feeder.
IMG_20231218_115356739.jpgIMG_20231218_115349807.jpg
Had I stumbled upon his thread I would have done it that way this time around. But, I went with the planting right into the 3 gal pot. That's the only info I came across so being new I did it their way. Next round will be different.

Two things have really caught my attention. Wick systems and this up pot auto gig. I bottom fed my plants for year and continue today. These little systems make it even easier.

The up pot auto thing only makes sense to me. 1gal to 3gal cloth at flower. 💥...roots love new space. Fresh medium ready for roots is rarely declined by a plant no matter the stage. The continuous harvest possible with the automatics makes them very appealing. I'm hooked.

So Ive hooked up with a member here named Carty. Dude has a good method of growing autos so when I see something that appeals to the way I like to grow I get curious and busy.

I've ordered some beans from Carty and will adopt his way of growing autos. Yesterday I got a start on the project. Picked up some 1 gal tall pots w drip pan.. because I am a bottom feeder.
View attachment 349163View attachment 349164
Had I stumbled upon his thread I would have done it that way this time around. But, I went with the planting right into the 3 gal pot. That's the only info I came across so being new I did it their way. Next round will be different.

Two things have really caught my attention. Wick systems and this up pot auto gig. I bottom fed my plants for year and continue today. These little systems make it even easier.

The up pot auto thing only makes sense to me. 1gal to 3gal cloth at flower. 💥...roots love new space. Fresh medium ready for roots is rarely declined by a plant no matter the stage. The continuous harvest possible with the automatics makes them very appealing. I'm hooked.
Dont forget the mykos at up pot

Thanks for the heads up Jan. I hope my promix HP Myco is enough. Between Cannamas and cranking up this grow I'd rather not put anymore money in..lol. I say this as just today I sent Carty money for beans.
I think eventually I'll stop spending...I doubt it..lol

OLA auction Ohio

IMG_20231219_103105744.jpg
IMG_20231219_103054601.jpg

So I bid on this lamp. Won the thing for $35. HydroPlanet 4' T5ho 8 lamps rig. Holy shit this thing is huge and weighs about 30lbs. Anyways, now I'm faced with a decision. I have two 2x4 tents in boxes. I'm thinking of erecting one for the new lamp. Finding a spot in my already crowded dining room will be a chore but I think I can fit it in.
@WeedHopper told me this lamp will flower plants well but I am not planning on using this new lamp for a full cycle grow. I think it will serve me well in just vegging my fems, regs, or autos untill ready for flower in the other tents. A nursery.

Lamp works fine. A little damage in the upper right but effects nothing. I'm pleased with the lamp I just had no idea it was this big. It will definitely fill up a 2x4 completely..lol. I'm excited to have it but a little overwhelmed..lol.

Yep. Just keep them about 3 or 4" from the canopy. They won't burn your plant,, especially the 6500k. You can put your hands on them. But don't because they don't like the oil from your skin. The 2700 or 3000k get warmer but not enough to burn your plants at 3 or 4" away from canopy. Keeping them close to the canopy is important
. They spread the light really well.

Ya know guys, I think I'm going to stink up the whole apt complex I live in. 8 units in this section and my grow is just 10' from my front door. I came out of the bedroom this morning and all I smell is green and I know that green is just going to get more intense.
Granted I'm in a legal state but....I don't want to piss off a bunch of neighbors with the smell. So, I am considering another 6" blower filter combo to vent just the living and dining area. I'm hoping it will be enough to scrub odors the tents don't expell.
Maybe I just worry to much. Hard to shake the old habits of constant security worries. I got a little to high on some edibles the other day. Was experiencing a lot of anxiety over the grow. Racing wild thoughts that brought back the pre legal paranoia..lol. I'll rest easier after a few grows but for now it kinda freaks me out being legal..lol.

Ya know guys, I think I'm going to stink up the whole apt complex I live in. 8 units in this section and my grow is just 10' from my front door. I came out of the bedroom this morning and all I smell is green and I know that green is just going to get more intense.
Granted I'm in a legal state but....I don't want to piss off a bunch of neighbors with the smell. So, I am considering another 6" blower filter combo to vent just the living and dining area. I'm hoping it will be enough to scrub odors the tents don't expell.
Maybe I just worry to much. Hard to shake the old habits of constant security worries. I got a little to high on some edibles the other day. Was experiencing a lot of anxiety over the grow. Racing wild thoughts that brought back the pre legal paranoia..lol. I'll rest easier after a few grows but for now it kinda freaks me out being legal..lol.
Get you a bottle of this
It kills odors quick fast and in a hurry and is Organic and safe. I'm sure you have seen it on TV.
It really works.

Screenshot_20231220-103423.png

I know what you mean. My wife gave me the green light for a small grow here in Ohio. I'm in a rural area so the scent isn't a big issue, it will be in the basement. I may have to have a chat with my sixteen year old granddaughter who spends some time here. But it does take a bit to get away from the outlaw atmosphere that we've lived with for so long. I had hoped the medical program would erase some of the stigma, but non users haven't changed much. I'm hopeful but cynical that change will come any faster.

Get you a bottle of this
It kills odors quick fast and in a hurry and is Organic and safe. I'm sure you have seen it on TV.
It really works.

View attachment 349266
Well, thank you for that info. At first glance I thought is said..****! 😂 I'm considering making a five gallon bucket air freshener. This product may be a good candidate for the bucket. I wonder if they sell it in a gallon? Thanks for the info. I'm realizing I need to act now before it gets really bad and my neighbors think there's a new dispensary next door..lo

Edit: second sentence I said a bad word obviously but since when is Poooop a bad word. All adults in here I believe. Censorship is ridiculous. Poooop!

Last edited:
I know what you mean. My wife gave me the green light for a small grow here in Ohio. I'm in a rural area so the scent isn't a big issue, it will be in the basement. I may have to have a chat with my sixteen year old granddaughter who spends some time here. But it does take a bit to get away from the outlaw atmosphere that we've lived with for so long. I had hoped the medical program would erase some of the stigma, but non users haven't changed much. I'm hopeful but cynical that change will come any faster.
Probably serve you well to have that conversation. 16 is a good age of understanding. They don't know shit but they think they do..lol. but they understand.
I see change coming but slowly. It will take the Jesus freak holy rollers a while to recover from their loss at the polls. Ya notice not a word on abortion...all about weed. Save the children from gummies, limit the THC, no sales in communities that say no...blah blah blah.

I have little regard for religious folks. They have kept us in the stone age for 1000s of years. They're hypocritical practices and views have no place in our government yet there they are and there they will always be. Sorry bro, I have some off colored views. I'm hoping I've not offended. But in my mind religion has played the major role in prohibition of cannabis and many other issues that need addressed.

Neighbors going to mitch with a B. I don't think smell is written into IL laws but I have a friend who got a visit based on a nuisance complaint. Nothing happened but now he is paranoid about stuff just because they know. You'll sleep easier. In general, I want my neighbors to like me and not have a reason not to just for security concerns. Don't need the extra attention just in case I choose to duck in and out of that one game every now and then.

Latest posts

Back