Old school Thai sticks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashido

Reaction score
I remember thai sticks back in the 60's and 70's I've heard countless rumors of whats true and false however I believe their were numerous ways to make them.
One of the ways I'm thinking of trying ( correct me if im wrong )
Involves Alcohol And a presure cooker , In a sense your pretty much boiling Thc out of your weed And soaking buds in Hash oil.
Or so thats the theory.
a pound brick , Is supposed to make 7-10oz of thai sticks.

This fits what I heard in my earlier days , so Im considering giving it a try sense back then it took me 3 week to smoke an oz thai stick.
Any inputs people?

What Thia stick is, it"s just good bud tied to a stick. But back in the 60s and 70s it was dipped in opium, to give you a stronger high. They would take a strip of fiber from the plant and tie it to a stalk or stick such as bamboo or something. Now days it's about the same process but instead of being dipped in opium they dip it in Hash oil and tie to sticks. So yes your ideal is right. But be carefull making the oil, as alcohol and heat do not mix and make sure you have good ventlation, I have known of a few accidents that have happened from people trying this. (not saying you don't know what your doing) but trying to keep it safe...take care..

Real old school Thai sticks were made using Thai weed and a hash/alcohol extract.

First they would take whole MJ plants and beat them on a wall that had burlap/jute covering the walls.

Then they would take a knife or scraper and scrape the hash off the burlap.

The hash would be formed into a brick(approx 1-2 pounds in size).

They would take a clay pot with a conical shaped lid and pour about a gallon of high test cane alcohol into the bottom of the clay pot.

Then a stone was placed in the bottom of the clay pot.

The stone was just high/tall enough that the top of the stone was above the alcohol level.

Then the person would place the hash brick on top of the stone in the clay pot.

Remember that the stone is slightly above the alcohol level so the hash brick isn`t sitting directly in the alcohol.

They would then invert the conical shaped lid and place it on top of the clay pot.

After this they will place the clay pot out in the sun for 5-7 days.

The heat of the sun causes the alcohol to evaporate which then rises and condenses on the inverted lid and then drips back down onto the hash brick in the bottom.

This causes the THC to leach out of the hash brick,and condense in the alcohol in the bottom.

The ladies take a piece of split bamboo and form some MJ bud around the stick, then using thread tie the bud to the stick.

Then they will take the Thai stick and dip it in the hash/alcohol mixture and let it dry.

They may dip the Thai sticks several times,letting the bud dry in between dippings.

Then smoke and enjoy.

:peace:

I know that second method/story.
I personally , Was going to go the Alcohol / hash oil route.
Did it many many years ago , Wasnt quite sure if I had forgotten anything I wonder... What would they even cost to buy nowdays assuming you could find them?

I read alot of posts on other forums , with some people just not knowing what real thai sticks were but if you didnt make them yourself you normally didnt know and anyone old enough to know has a family or is no longer around...
its nearly lost information , I hope they comeback.. yet nowdays people are too worried about profit to take the time and make thai sticks.

Remember that the stone is slightly above the alcohol level so the hash brick isn`t sitting directly in the alcohol.

Why didn't they just put the hash right into the alcohol, and let it dissolve? :confused2:

This stuff was way before my time, thanks for sharing. :)

when i was in the army back in 1970 i was stationed in okinawa i was in an airborne rigger unit and we air dropped old trucks and equipment in thailand and we used to get what they called head on a stick which was laotion flower tops wrapped around a pushup stick and soaked in opium,and that was the only thing i ever concidered thai stick,six people couldn,t smoke half a bowl

beckster25 said:
when i was in the army back in 1970 i was stationed in okinawa i was in an airborne rigger unit and we air dropped old trucks and equipment in thailand and we used to get what they called head on a stick which was laotion flower tops wrapped around a pushup stick and soaked in opium,and that was the only thing i ever concidered thai stick,six people couldn,t smoke half a bowl
:yeahthat: I had three uncles stationed in Vietnam between 69 and 71 and that's the kind of Thai I remember them talking about when I got old enough to toke with them. Little girls on bikes would bring the sticks around with Coka Colas and other goodies for a couple piasters or sumthin like that.:)

Latest posts

Back