? on male plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Child

Reaction score
When the male plant is just starting to develop it's sacks how long till it will open up? I had 2 plants that I was not sure if they were male or female. so far 6 female/10 speed queen. Satori will do a count this weekend.

males mature very fast so get them out as soon as possible. They wont grow pollen sacs and open over night but make sure you do check them on a daily basis just to be sure.

Males will mature and open before females to insure that they are able to pollenate when the female is mature enough to accept pollen so keep a close eye on them...take care..

About 2-3 days from green to golden showers, given good conditions.

Thanks to all who responded, I will be checking there progress, hopefully no pollen sacs have opened.

Cut them and macerate them...they hold ZERO value unless you are a MJ breeder:rolleyes:

So my count is 6/10 speed queen and 6/10 satori. No open pollen sacs, they were chopped and destroyed. I wish my camera was not broken, the satori do look nice, the speed queen less than desired.

If you don't want seeds as soon as you determine it is male chop, one flower popping can seed alot of plants.

I had a male pop a day after I noticed it's balls:D luckily it only pollinated one girl.bright side seeds for next time/flipside seeded buds, it's not the end of the world.if you want sensi,keep the boys off the farm:Di usually have a male in a far away place,collect the pollen and do a bud or two for a stock.
Stay cool

yuck. seeded bud. i once had a male approximately 500 yards from a plot of fems, that seeded that plot.:eek: . airborne pollen will travel. be it on a bees wings, or a birds feathers...

moral to the story... remember where you hid 'em ALL...

...Irish...

Latest posts

Back