One mother... one bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
I purchased one of these SunBlaster Ionic bulb's - the info is below (directly copied from the site) ... i want to grow a single mother, thinking of trying the proper bonsai technique. - anyway, i was thinking this would be enough light... am i right?? - i have been out of the game for a while. :eek: - and i have never actually grown a mother, so... yeah... any help would be great, thakns! :D

stats:
The REVOLUTIONARY Ionic Bulb

23 Watts
1430 Lumens
Energy Efficient Compact Fluorescent Light
Built-in Air Cleansing Ionizer
Removes Smoke
Removes Airborne Viruses
Removes Odours
Removes Pollen
Removes Pet Dander
Cleans Your Air!

No way! I am using 150W of HPS and 50W of CFL for each of my moms, both in flower. Of course I am using so many watts to get a good yield. But even a small pruned plant would need more than a single CFL. It would just keep stretching and stretching... If it were mine, I would use 4 x 25W CFLs for the mom.

i understand the stretching, hense the bonsai technique. also, why are you flowering your mothers? - i have no intention on flowering this girl, and no need to try and achieve a high yield. this isnt your everyday CFL either, i might add. this thing is 3 times as thick and 4 times as big as another 23W cfl that i have... it is meant for plants...

:yeahthat: you need at least 3000 lumens/ft2 for good veg growth.

curiouscat420 said:
i this isnt your everyday CFL either, i might add. this thing is 3 times as thick and 4 times as big as another 23W cfl that i have... it is meant for plants...

Sorry but ya got ripped off, theres nothing special about a plant light.
Its a 6400k CFL.

curiouscat420 said:
I purchased one of these SunBlaster Ionic bulb's - the info is below (directly copied from the site) ... i want to grow a single mother, thinking of trying the proper bonsai technique. - anyway, i was thinking this would be enough light... am i right?? - i have been out of the game for a while. :eek: - and i have never actually grown a mother, so... yeah... any help would be great, thakns! :D

stats:
The REVOLUTIONARY Ionic Bulb

23 Watts
1430 Lumens
Energy Efficient Compact Fluorescent Light
Built-in Air Cleansing Ionizer
Removes Smoke
Removes Airborne Viruses
Removes Odours
Removes Pollen
Removes Pet Dander
Cleans Your Air!

sorry I call BULL on the removal..My friend I would get ya money back..at Slap that sales rep...or bring him by here and we will do it 4U:D

haha... i love how you all said i got ripped off already... $7 isnt that bad to me... anyway, thanks!

curiouscat420 said:
haha... i love how you all said i got ripped off already... $7 isnt that bad to me... anyway, thanks!

Well its not like you cant use it but you can get the same bulb for $3.50.

Just use enough to get 3000-5000 lumens per sq/ft.

curiouscat420 said:
i understand the stretching, hense the bonsai technique. also, why are you flowering your mothers? - i have no intention on flowering this girl, and no need to try and achieve a high yield. this isnt your everyday CFL either, i might add. this thing is 3 times as thick and 4 times as big as another 23W cfl that i have... it is meant for plants...

LOL--the size of the bulb is really insignificant. This is still a 23W bulb that puts out 1430 lumens. If you can fit your mother in a space that is 6" x 6", this light will work. Otherwise, you are going to be seriously underlit.

i know size doesnt matter goddess... (p.s. - i missed you ;) )

6" x 6" is actually what i was going for... maybe a little bigger, but not much at all...

is is right to assume that maybe another one or two of these will do the trick then?

Latest posts

Back