Opinions on This Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozman

Reaction score
Ok I bought a new 1000 watt hps light,from plantlightinghydroponics,it came with the bat wing type of hood,no end panels.
Will this be acceptable for a decent coverage or would I be better off with a square four sided hood?If more info is needed please ask Thanx.

:eek: :farm:

What size area are you using this in? What sort of intake/ventilation are you using? What is your current set up like(is this replacing an existing light/hood), do you have any heat issues?

like mike said your exhaust and temp are important. if you can maintain temp with the 1000 great if your to hot then you might wanna get the hood that has air cooloing so you can vent outside the grow area

I currently have a 4x4 area,Im wanting to expand it to an area of 8x8,the hood that came with the light is a sun system econo wing reflector,a simple batwing.
The 1000 should cover the 8x8 area,if not I have a 600 and a 400 too supplement with.I am using the max wing from htg now,
I want to use only 1 light if possible,but which hood will provide more coverage?
Temps and ventilation is not a problem,Im currently running the 1000 and the 600 in the 4x4 area with no heat issues.The plants seem to love the extra light.
Thanx,
Oz

:postpicsworthless:

just remember you need a min of 5000 lum per sq ft anything more is better im pushin almost 10,000 lumens a sq ft

Ehhhh... Uhm...... Yep You are right seems like I forgot that part of the equation....
Now Off to figure out what Im gonna do now lol.
Thanx dr

Ps
I guess the hood is irrelevent at this moment

8x8 needs 320,000 lumens a 1000 hps put out 140,000-145,000 600 hps around 90,000 400 hps 55,000 give or take every bulb is diffrent. cut down your room size a bit go 6x8 with 2 1000 thats alittle over 6000 lumens per sq ft

Latest posts

Back