optima air pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
I have a Optima air pump with reostat on it..Now its rated at 5000cc/min PSI is 4.0.wattage is 4.5 watts..
Will this be plenty of air for 5 gallon size dwc unit??
thank you
oneshot

Does it have a gph rating? I run my 8 off a 950gph pump so I figure 118gph per bucket er so. You would be fine using much less than that I beleive. If you already have the pump. Throw a stone on it and put it in a bucket. Is it moving the water? Bubbles popping?

Shocke!
thanks ,it moves water pretty well.I can hold my hand about 3inchs away or above it and your hand will get wetin a short time.
Buy the way this is my first setup and got about everything I need or is comming..
This first one is only 3 1\4th gallon in res.got good seeds and good folks like you to help..
Iam trying the three part GH Floral ..
You might tell me more on how to germinate them!Iam going to try rockwool and coco fiber in bottom..
thanks
oneshot

oneshot said:
Shocke!
thanks ,it moves water pretty well.I can hold my hand about 3inchs away or above it and your hand will get wetin a short time.
Buy the way this is my first setup and got about everything I need or is comming..
This first one is only 3 1\4th gallon in res.got good seeds and good folks like you to help..
Iam trying the three part GH Floral ..
You might tell me more on how to germinate them!Iam going to try rockwool and coco fiber in bottom..
thanks
oneshot
Sounds like that will work fine. I max my res at three gals and my plants suck that up in three days.

Latest posts

Back