Orange peels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToxicWaltz68

Reaction score
I've read and heard that if you place orange peels in the brown bags or in the glass jars along with the weed during the drying/curing process it is very beneficial.

I heard that the orange peels absorb extra moisture that is in the air which prevents mold from growing. I also heard that if can add a little bit of orange flavor to the weed.

Any truth? If so, could you do this with other fruits that have peels?

I've heard the opposite.. it helps rehydrate the bud.

Seems a little silly, doesn't it? I wouldn't want any 'artificial' extra flavor.

Interesting. I was thinking about trying it just on a little bit of the yield as an experiment. If i put the peels in the jar when the weed is completely dry do you think it will be less harmful? So it does give it a little orangy flavor?

Or should i just competely nix this idea?

Only time I heard of it was to help "expand" brick weed. Brick weed anything that "improves" flavor is a plus. :p
but good weed harvested and cured right should never be altered for any reason IMO. (hash extraction excluded of course ;) )

What is brick weed and IMO. thanks for the advice though i probably wont try it.

I am waiting for my harvest so i bought some brick weed and it was really dry and shitting and i through some ornage peels in with it and it added lots of moisture to the weed. I wouldn't use ornage peels unless you have brick weed or you want to add some moisture to your bud

the orange peels sounds like a myth. I dont c how they would absorb moisture. I once heard you can get high by eating orange peels with Aquafresh toothpaste on em. My ******* even tried it. If you couldnt guess, it doesnt work. Interesting taste though

Hey Reefer, the orange peel does not absorb the moisture it releases it so the brick weed can absorb it.

albasketball3424 said:
i bought some brick weed and it was really dry and shitting...

What a quaint image that portrays...

Thanks for sharing that.

reefer said:
I once heard you can get high by eating orange peels with Aquafresh toothpaste on em. My ******* even tried it. If you couldnt guess, it doesnt work. Interesting taste though

haha dude, your awesome. I would probably do the same thing. Thats alright though, were just trying to get high right?

I used to roll my own cigs. And yea, a small peice of orange peel or apple slice helps rehydrate stale smoke- it did take on a mild citrus flavor, but sublime. I wouldnt want to cure weed with a peel tho. Just asking to promote mold.

I would only leave the peice in for a day or two- anything more and it make the tobacco too moist to smoke properly in papers.

Your all looking in the wrong direction, dry orange peel will absorb moisture and when it re hydrates it has taken its fill of moisture, take it out and put a new bit in, it works the same as silica

Hippy

GotBud? said:
haha dude, your awesome. I would probably do the same thing. Thats alright though, were just trying to get high right?

ha ha ya. i ran out of bud.
i do what i gatta do

Latest posts

Back