over-fert/worm castings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
hello dudes and dudettes, a lil` question about my grow, which i previously flushed due to over-fert.
i would like to know-if adding Worm Catings only, a week after the flush, just as a top soil, will cause any further burn.
the signs (rust spots) from the previous burn are "recovering":rolleyes: ,i think i caught it in time, before any serious damage happened:cool:
so, i know that it is very difficult to burn with castings, but with my gals just recovering, should i be worried?
if not, can i use organics like Bone Meal, castings etc and not worry about burning the ladies?:hairpull:
cheers:lama: :spit: :lama:
:watchplant: "blink and you`ll miss it!"< nothing to do with my Qs.lol

It is almost impossible to burn w/ castings shuggy..in fact, with only added perlite, yu can grow right in them

thanks Hick, now what about bone/blood meal and other organics.
is it difficult to burn with all organic additives?

nope!!! blood/bloodmeal is exceptionally easy to "overdo", though organics are more forgiving, they can still be overdone.

Is there a way to intelligently estimate how much of an organic mix (or tea) should be used?

I'll soon be trying a tea of worm castings, and two bat guanos.. really I'll just be guesstimating how much is appropriate.

I assume that, even with teas, PPM pens are rather useless in organics.

Latest posts

Back