painkillers (codeine) + MJ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cemblin

hey
last friday i dislocated my knee (it was well over to one side, looked so weird), anyway, since then i've been on a prescription of codeine painkillers. apparently codeine is from opium, and is similar to morphine, or something...
anyway, does anyone have any idea whether it would be wise to smoke whilst taking these painkillers? my doctor recommended that i didn't drink whilst taking them, but didn't mention MJ, and i wondered whether it coulkd be dangerous, as alcohol seems to be
also, i can also choose to just be on paracetamol, would that be ok to mix?
thanks for any suggestions :)

ofcourse he woundnt mention MJ, you didnt tell him you use? Every time I see the doc, i make sure he knows im on Medical MJ, so when I need some meds, he makes sure I can use both

Marijuana would not effect codeine. Alcohol saturates your blood-stream when you're liver gets over-loaded, codeine and other PKers operate in a somewhat similar way. That's how people get "crunk" drinkin and takin zanex and what not, it's real bad for you. MJ should go fine with these drugs, the pharmacology of THC is widely available here and on the internet.

i didn't say no, i will next time... i didn't think at the time... it was all a bit fast for me...

:)

Go for it, the codiene wont intefere with the MJ it will be a very chilled out high. I was prescribed codiene for a root canal but it was in liquid form.

You should be really mellow after taking codeine and smoking some bud. It shouldn't affect you other than that though. Take care and be safe!

I've had 4 back surgeries, and am allergic to Hydrocodone, so i take tylenol 4 w/codeine. I toke , and medicate, although i would recommend not driving 'til you know how it will affect you. It's like a wine and mj buzz; real mellow, laid back. Just don't over do, what you do,do,do...

i cannot see any problems except u might get a little more sleepy than usual or if you take to many a little lively :giggle: not that i would recomend that !keep to the prescribed dose :peace:

I have done it when I had my wisdom teeth taken out and I was on Vicodin. Get ready for SERIOUS couch-lock. I wouldn't reccomend smoking them mixed together (ground up pills), it made me tweak and it wasn't an enjoyable high... But this is coming from the guy who smoked the roots of a plant because I was dared here!

thanks everyone... looks like i'm in for a good time... haven't done it in a 'while' so should be a good one :)

I've had 4 ankle surguries and always blazed while being on my meds.i was on percocet,tylenol 3 w/ codeine,vikadin,morphine...you name it.,morphine and percocet was the best though.i'd say if you take just about any painkiller and smoke,you'll be higher than what you'd be if you just smoked.the only bad thing about smoking with an injury is it slows down the healing time.(expecially tobacco) before he moved to memphis,my weedman was in his last year of college so he could be a doctor. so i could always ask him stuff i couldnt ask my own doctor. i always tell him how he should prescribe me weed =) but anyways fire it up,just be ready to be blitzed (which i'm sure you are) peace

Just a note.
Don't drive when mixing anything like this...might not feel drunk but slows ur reaction time WAY down. ;) Sit at home and let other take care of ya
Oh and if you get pulled and they find out your driving on it, you can get a DUI.

Latest posts

Back