Painting flat white...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordhighlama

dont mind the simple lama
Reaction score
I was looking over the hanging mylar thread just now and it reminded me how I have been needing to paint the inside of my box flat white. I just have been putting it off.

I'm wondering if I paint it and take my plants out while I'm painting, how long do you think I would want to wait before I put the plants back into the box? Or will the paint fumes even bother the plants?

I buy paint that has no noxious fumes--it is worth it. Generally speaking, I believe that if it is okay for me to breathe, it is okay for my plants to breathe (I understand the basic fallacy of this statement since we breathe O and our plants breathe CO2 :D , but you get the idea :hubba: )

i use kils water based primer. let dry w/ lights & exhaust running 4 24 hrs. ammonia smell gone. its kils 2 w/ mildew agents in it. might be overkill but works for me.

Thanks everyone. Luckily I'm not in flower yet, as I'm still vegging, but I really don't want to have them down for 24 hrs.

It sounds like spray paint is one of the faster ways to get it done?

Where would I get my hands on this non toxic paint you suggested Hemp Goddess?

84VW said:
when i did mine i used spray paint/rattle can

i painted outside because spray paint stinks but the paint drys fast and the fumes disappear quickly

fast clean up-just throw the empty cans away
worked good for me

:yeahthat: exactly what I did as well.

lordhighlama said:
Thanks everyone. Luckily I'm not in flower yet, as I'm still vegging, but I really don't want to have them down for 24 hrs.

It sounds like spray paint is one of the faster ways to get it done?

Where would I get my hands on this non toxic paint you suggested Hemp Goddess?

It is a low odor paint for people sensitive to that kind of thing. Tell them your wife is pregnant and sensitive to fumes. It is available everywhere. A qt of flat white should do.

yeah i wouldnotuse spray bombs! so many noxious fumes i myself try to avoid. to mention a couple are petroleum base one being xylene (the permenant marker smell). yeah im not into huffin & i doubt ur plants r either. jmo.

84VW said:
if you actually read my post, it explains that i do it outside because the fumes stink, but the paint drys quick and because your outside the fumes disappear quickly as it dries

dont spraypaint unless your well ventilated :)
right, but dry to touch is different than cured paint. if you paint to seal wood w/ spray then you need multiple coats to do it. couple hrs paint dry? sure, but still leaches fumes for days. i work w/ industrial paints & spray bombs. chits nasty no matter what. imo:) :)

right on. probably judging by your name youve painted a 84 gti mark 1? just want to make sure ppl who dont know get an idea.

yeah im coming down, tired, & thought you were takeing a dig @ me thats why i retracted my post. sorry man. they are still a sweet car considering it was never expected to make it.

Latest posts

Back