Passive intake innovations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raoulduke2.0

Norse God of Herbs
Reaction score
I just installed a bathroom fan in the new grow closet and the temps are still high 80's. I have a 400 watt MH and one nine inch fan on the floor as well. The light is not cooled. I think the temps are high because there is not a good intake for fresh air. Any suggestions? The adjacent walls are not crawlspaces and the crack under the door is not sufficient.

i think you need a stronger cfm blower for exhaust and intake.i would vent the reflector myself.i know it did the charm for me.personall i will never grow again in the summer months.even tho i bought portable ac's for my grow area.just too much trouble and expense.i will be an outside grower in the hot months.

why not get a 300ish cfm fan, hook it up to the light and run the ducting straight into the attic, my temps are at about 79 degrees, OR if you dont have an air cooled hood, mount the inline fan up high and exhaust to the attic, it should keep temps down, and pull in more fresh air. hope that helps.

buy another fan for the attic. get the intake part away from your exhaust, and then drop some of that cheep-o plastic dryer vent tube down to the bottom of the room. i've done something similar, but using a crawl space. 400w light, with seperate ballast, and i'm 70's all the time except for extreme hot weather...

good luck

Latest posts

Back