ph meter help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a ph meter and was hoping someone can tell me if a "Hannah HI 98107" is a decent meter? It is the updated version of the "96107". Thanks. I also just found a "PH 80 ph Hydro Tester". So many too choose from on eseasongear.com.

Its pretty much a workhorse for its price. My last couple of the same generic Hanna units have lasted for years.

Yeah it does! And you rock too HL, got the website from one of your posts. Thanks for the help.

juniorgrower said:
Yeah it does! And you rock too HL, got the website from one of your posts. Thanks for the help.

Just glad I cld help...:)

The Hanna units are good tools. Just make sure you have some storage solution to keep the tip of the unit in or else it will get out of whack. I have found that using the 4.0 calibration fluid for storage solution works good for my Milwaukee PH pen. I use a large medicine bottle and keep just enough solution in it so that the regular depth of the pen is maintained when I'm not using it. I have the med bottle in a heavier cup so that it doesn't get knocked over. When I need to use the pen to check PH, I take it out and do a quick rinse in fresh water to get the storage solution off it before doing any measurements. Since I started doing this I haven't had to recalibrate it. Before, I was constantly haveing to recalibrate it every week. :)

We take our Hanna's with us every time we go to a/the grow shop. They calibrate them for us, for free. The 2 we use have not changed calibration in almost 2 years.

I like my hanna meter too. I had issues woth mine and their customer service was great.

Thanks for the input. I just can't decide which one to get. Which Hannah model do you guys use?

Not sure on the model # but I use the red one that reads temp and ph. I paid a lil over a hundred bucks for it and it was worth every penny. Your plants will thank you.

That actually helps a lot MH. The one I was looking at was only around 50 bucks, so I think I will wait another week or two and spend the extra money on one that I know will be a good one.

Yeah good idea. I've been through all the cheapo meters and it was a complete waste of money.

Latest posts

Back