Plasma and Technology

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova

Reaction score
I am simply fascinated by humankind's development into plasma technologies! Finally, a nation got smart and used our technology to help battle something truly important! Japan, globally famous for hybrid technology, has developed a way to turn our garbage/landfills/etc into pile of goo that is completely harmless to good ol' mother earth!

Shoot, by this time next year i will hope to have plasma engines on my car! Travel between home and work within seconds.....International flights in mere minutes!

:hubba:

You gotta check out the full article on this! Im sure this isnt exactly new news to some, but it's new to me!

hxxp://discovermagazine.com/2007/may/the-ultimate-garbage-disposal

Peace!

Nova

Thats awesome. Hopefully this discovery will help prolong the life of humans on Earth. Lol. But yeah I read somewhere that like a gram of unstable plasma can power a city like New York for a day or a week. I dont remember which but still impressive...

pothead said:
Thats awesome. Hopefully this discovery will help prolong the life of humans on Earth. Lol. But yeah I read somewhere that like a gram of unstable plasma can power a city like New York for a day or a week. I dont remember which but still impressive...

Ya, much harder to control a nuclear reaction than a plasma reaction it seems!

This sounds like some cool stuff. I've worked around plasma cutters in a few shops, very fancy! I didnt think the technology would have such a "green" impact! I just saw it as one hot mofo that melted 1/2" thick steel plates like it was warm cream cheese!

Like I said, im very impressed by it. Everyone knows that landfills give of huge amounts of greenhouse gases, by elminating those landfills we take like 25% of greenhouse gases away. Don't quote me on the numbers, im guess-timating, but the numbers are up there! It's just impressive to now see some attention being put on the subject by use of technology. We can pass all the bills, sign all the treaties, amend whatever document, but nothing will change unless we use what we already know to solve the problems. Passing bills, signing treaties and such just dont solve the problem, they never did, they either prolonged the inevitable or made it worse.

Nova

Kinda laughed when you said "Turns into a pile of goo", Would be a neat thing to watch being done.

Latest posts

Back