PLEASE can someone help me find BULBS!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Ok my current bulbs are CFLs - two 20W (100W equivalent) that put out about 1200 lumens each. I want to get 2 30W CFLs preferably to replace these but I have had no luck whatsoever finding any.

Before anyone says go and get an HPS STOP! I am doing a CFL grow, I already have a 150W hps and cannot use it at the moment for several reasons.

I did however find a 70W hps in B&Q that had an internal ignitor. Do these need ballasts?

the trouble i'm having is that the only bulbs that are right that i've seen are on the internet or ebay but this is a no no at the mo as I can't really risk having anything posted to the address i'm currently at.

I am in England and have been to Homebase and B&Q with no luck. Where can I get some decent CFLs from?

If you buy from e-bay its not going to matter if it comes from a private seller.

no its what comes to this address. I know i can get around the feedback thing

Thorn said:
no its what comes to this address. I know i can get around the feedback thing

Maybe I dont understand your situation but all im saying is its just a private seller shiping to your address not a hydro place so you shouldn't have to worry.

Ok so i tell people i can't have anything sent to this address and people send me a load of links to WEBSITES!!! thanks anyway guys but let me say this again...

I DO NOT want to get HPS or MH or 125W envirolites! I am looking for decent CFLs like 32W or 42W I CANNOT go above 50W!!! I have a MICRO grow so I have to use the same 2 lamps I have now I just need to replace the bulbs and get some slightly better CFLs.

Thanks anyway though.

ya thorn not alot of CFL lovers on this site, were in a pretty small boat here.. most of the ppl here wont even think twice about CFL and just move right past your question into HPS lights lol...

I would personally recommend http://www.feitelectric.com/twist/twist.html

i use there 30w'ers i know you said no links but this about all i can do for ya! they have 15-65w CFL's

the ones i use are 30w 2700k 2050 lumens each...

thanks man thats brilliant! but can you buy from that site?? I'm gonna have to wait until i can order them to this address then get them online.

i think there online store on there website is down right now but it said " COMING SOON" soo just have to see i guess.

Latest posts

Back