please Help -calling all experts-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow1075

Reaction score
ok first off im not new to this, the system i use is not the problem(tested), the water is not the problem i have an R.O. and i also tried to bring in 400L from a spot i know the water is ok. the genetics are not the problem i have lots of friends and all give me the best clones that work for them, the co2 and fresh air in and out is not the problem all tested and i have great in/out. All equipment,nutes used many times.
THE PROBLEM- ok as soon as i put plants(any size big or small) in the room they stop growing and the new growth starts to turn yellow, after 2 days they are noticeably yellow and after 4 days all new shoots are a bright yellow and all other leaves look sick and yellowish, and they never grow again...now i have come to conclude its a gaz in the air?? or something but i've retried about 12 times now and tried all i can but always death and you can see damage after 2 days, maybe a glue i used to lay flooring?? i'm losing sleep and lots of money, i like this house and i dont want to sell
i will gladly give more info if you really think you know whats up
i have also asked every expert i know for help, all stumped.
PLEASE HELP

Gotta few questions for ya.
Lighting? (type and wattage)
Growing medium and ferts?
can you post a pic?
Also the clones your getting are they rooted or unrooted when you get them ?
Are you running a CO2 set-up? if so what type, gas or gen. ?

sure we can figure it out....just might take a few more questions.

im guessing, Nute burn..

its really hard not to fert these plants..

you check the PH in your RO water?

i'd say switch the soil, sterilize anything and everything in the room along with all growing equipment. don't use nutes, and the biggest part is when are they taking the clones? what light schedule are then on before u put them in ur room, cuz the schedule in ur rooom shoould match what they've been on to ensure good rooting with the clones, also are u using cloning hormones? theres a lot of info ur leaving, its good to cover the basis which i see u have, and pics would be helpful too if u could. but give us some more info. answer the questions i just asked would be a good start

Fire it up

KT

ok thanks for replies so fast.
like i said im not new so saying that ive been getting 1.5 to 2 a light for years so its not the nutes or the ph or the system. i use 1000w HPS and a cube on a piece of slab with drippers to waste. the clones i get are all well rooted and very healthy, i have tried with 1 foot plants taken from a spot going well and i have tried with small fresh rooted clones, the results are the same after 2 days all new shoots are yellow and then all leaves turn a sick green yellow, and plants never grow.
i left out details because trust me its not my system or the ph or co2, i have ozone blasted the rooms for days in case of mold or some such and i sprayed the walls and the whole room with fungicide, i really suggest thinking outside of the box,
thanks for answers i wait for more

We got that your not new to this.
It's just tough one...you have a ton of variables.
Where is the grow...in an attic or basment or something?
Thinking out of the box....but the problem is in the box so to speak.
There is a factor you are missing.
If you know your PH and PPM is ok for your hydro set-up, light isn't an issue, then there is only three variables that jump out.
1. Temperature
2. CO2 PPM too high
3. Ventilation

If the house has mold fungus issues that bad you would be getting ill as well i would tend to think.

You mentioned Ozone.....Now ozone generators have been known to kill a plant FAST. Too much ozone created by the generator is harmful to every living thing. This and the CO2 would be the first thing I really look close at. Make sure you don't have a small leak in the CO2 regulator and unplug the ozone gen and Air out the room ALOT. To be totally honest...you can live without the CO2 for the tie being until you get the problem worked out. By reducing the variables to the basics (light, ventialtion, growing medium) leave the CO2 and ozone gen out of the equation probably be easier to troubleshoot.

Just throwing some thoughts out.

i only used the ozone to super kill mildew( if there) but thats with no plants in the room and i leave it on for 36 hours kills all things alive down to bateriea( so im told) and i dont use co2 , but i checked it and its 550ppm, and its in a basement with great ventilation, i have a 4 ton a/c for 6 lights (more than i need ) i can set temp at anything i need (25-26c)

You mentioned floor glue. Toluene vapors would sure as hell do it, they will kill just about anything else. Have you been feeling okay? :eek: It should quit off-gassing after a few days though. How long has this been happening?

honestly i'd think outside the box, start checking the bricks in ur basement, ur filters in ur furnace and a/c. duct work. drywall. the insulation in ur floor. the floor joices and wood. whatever it is, its there at a constant and its not going away. u can rule out all disease, fungis, bugs, lights temp co2. it has to be something in or on part of ur box/ basement. what kinda humidity u got? how old is the house. not be nosey but what kind a climate do u live in. theres alot of other issues to check out. but honestly i'd say coat the walls of ur basement with a sealant. to stop any sort of contamination. put plastic sheeting across the ceiling. i would assume u have a cement floor in ur basement, so put a sealant coat on that too. check ur furnace filter and duct work. could be something as simple as carbon in the air. pure carbon will kill any plant quickly. and it doesn't take much. it could be there one second and gone the next but the damage it does happens quick.

we'll figure this out not to worry. theres always a solution.

This may or maynot help but if you think the problem is air/fumes, take a known good plant in soil into the room, anything not connected to your system. Just use plain water and see if it also turns yellow.

If it does it has to be somthing in the air, to much co2, molds, fumes, radon gas.

IR could be a potential problem if your light is too close to the plants, no matter what type of cooling you have. Nothing stops IR unless you use an IR shielded light lens. I've seen others burn up plants like that in the past.

Growdude has an excellent idea about using a known good plant with NO nutes, just plain water. That will at lease, as he says, eliminate one set of variables.

What's your light distance? Are you using a bulb ventilator? What's the actual temp at the plant canopy?

ok thanks just so all know i've restarted more than 10 times always same result andi always try something new everrytime. always same result.
i've tried bringing in water from an outside source(400L) and i've just plain water , i've tried plain bottled water, i have an R.O.
my walls and cieling are painted drywall with vapaor plastic under it , its painted with latex paint.

i've tried putting think plastic on the floor and taping to wall to seal vapors out if coming from floor glue or floor.
i once had 20 soil plants all 110% i put 10 in the room and 2 days later the difference was unmissable, the ones in the room went yellow at the shoots in 2 days and the ones outside are fine.
i
have one of those raised floors in the basement so i installed a type off flooring in a roll that u glue to the floor. its been 6 months that i laid the floor, so i find it hard to thhhink its glue vapours.
on top of all this i feel fine and so do my pets so i dont think its in all the basement(radon) but i could be wrong.

i did a test and put a 1000w upstairs in a bdroom and all the plants were fine so its in basement, im in the process of doing another test i put a 1000w in the main family room in my basement to see if its all the basement.

i tried lights at normal distance and i tried them real far away as to I.R i've never heard of a problem with that as long as lights are at a good distance(am i wrong??)
try and write questions in note form please so i can see them better to answer

Take your plants out of the basement and put them into another area with everything else the same.

See if they all start improving.

Changing one variable at a time is the only way to find the problem.

Did you say it is in the basement?

Check for Radon Gas.

Edit: I just saw that GrowDude already mentioned it.

yes basement
and how can i check IR , light distance no closer than2 feet, canopy temp 26.
and yes upstairs they do ok

shadow1075 said:
yes basement
and how can i check IR , light distance no closer than2 feet, canopy temp 26.
and yes upstairs they do ok

Nothing is left except your air.

Lights, distance ok
Nutes ok
Plants do fine in another location
Pests aren't the problem

There are no other variables except your air.

I'll take it for granted that there is some sort of fresh air supply to the basement to refresh the ambient oxygen and CO2.

starting new test so i can post pics thhhhe whole way thru , should be up in a few days,
thanks all

To me it sounds like C02 build up, C02 is heavier than normal air, an extraction system is needed.

Hippy

Latest posts

Back