Please Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey munkers, II appreciate your willingness to edit live links ;), but as long as they are linked to "our" forum, no need :)

I'm not sure but I believe you may have a PH issue starting. I had a similar look to my girls a while back and it was actually a deficiency that was being caused by my PH being off. You need to get a good soil tester for PH or get a water test pen for PH and see what your water is going in and what it is in the run-off.

Thanks but what can I do to correct this issue? I thought it was either stress from me topping her last night or from being right on the light because she reaches right to it....

The first thing is to eliminate the PH as an issue. Do you adjust your waters PH or know what it is? Its possible that the necrosis is sunburn but the leaf curl is not. If the PH is off then you need to get some adjuster so that you are watering and feeding at the correct PH. If the PH is ok then we can look at other things.

Ok so I just fed her today, and im going to buy a PH tester before her next feeding. In the mean time what can I do to help it? I already fed her earlier and I couldnt test that either...... I dont know if there is anything I can do in the mean time to get back to 100%.

There is really nothing you can do. Until the pH is correct, no other measures are going to do any good. A pH meter has to be a "buy right now" thing--PH affects all nutrient uptake.

Unfortuantly it happens to be a week where my pockets are tight and bills were higher then usual....Anyhow, once i get this tester what exactly am i testing? The dirt or my 5 gallon bucket I leave out for fresh dechlorinated water? And to correct the problem do i have to wait til the next feeding?

Yeah the first thing you need to check is the water that you use to water them. I have a friend that was having problems and found out that his water was real acidic and it was keeping his soil ph too low. He corrected the water only and started adding dolimite lime to his soil and his plants have doubled in size and yeild.

Once you know your water PH and get that corrected, you can add some lime to your soil as it will most likely be the same as the water, and then water it in with a little bit of water to correct the soil. I would correct it asap when you find out what the water PH is. Once you find out the water PH, if it is low you can get the dolomitic lime and add a good handfull to the soil and mix it into the top of the soil and then go get some PH buffer liquid or powder. using the lime to adjust the PH of the water doesn't work well at all as it just doesn't work that way. yer better to get specific PH adjuster that is made for adjusting water:)

You are probably going to want to test the pH of your runoff--this will give you information about your soil mixture.

Quick update to my plant.... I just got outta work and went to check on her and she is getting worse... The top leaves are curling up and the bottom leaves are yellowing and curling down... I heard this was two different things with the curling up/down.... Same issue or is this getting worse for me?

What have you been feeding them? How much? How often? What kind of soil did you use? Did you amend it with anything?

I been feeding it regular dechlorinated water and thats been about 3 liters every week or so, sinse I have the LED the soil stays moist for a longer time with less heat and I read it was bad to keep them wet/moist the whole time but let the soil dry out. My excess runs out the holes in the bottom just fine. I have also fed it twice with Iguana juice grow and Oregonism XL by roots organic(Aurora). I am using roots organic original soil.

Latest posts

Back