pollen question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Autoflower

Auto Flower Lover
Reaction score
can you keep pollen in a open zip lock bag in a cupboard for a few days or is there a special way to store it if you dont want to use it for a few days?

I dont know BluntMan. I have read though that moisture is pollen's enemy. Plastic baggie may not be good. I dont know. I will be interesting to see the replies.

blunt man said:
can you keep pollen in a open zip lock bag in a cupboard for a few days or is there a special way to store it if you dont want to use it for a few days?

I'd probably add a li'l flour to it as a desiccant and seal the bag. Should be good for 'several' days.

uncooked Rice works good too, ;)

It should be fine and should last up to a couple weeks as long as it doesn't get wet. I harvested some seed from pollen stored for about 1 1/2 weeks while waiting for flowers to sprout on the lower branches. I wanted to keep the pollen away from the top buds. I didn't take any other steps to preserve the pollen, just a ziplock baggie.

well i got the ziplock bag wide open so the moisture shouldnt be traped in there.and its only a single pollen sac cuz there was only 1 good one left after my buddys cat had its way with it

Latest posts

Back