Portable ac unit and generator wattage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi yall, I have this Toshiba 12,000 BTU (8,000 BTU DOE) 115-Volt Wi-Fi Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier Mode and Remote for up to 350 sf RAC-PD1213CWRU - The Home Depot

trying to run off this....https://www.ebay.com/itm/204100689206?campid=5338967068&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&toolid=10050&customid=&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338967068&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&toolid=10050&customid=274984f1ce0719c387cbe01fa13d533e&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0

It works fine until the compressor kicks on and the ac unit shuts off. It only shows 3 bats out of the 8 bars of load. I checked oil level and fuel so thats fine. Any ideas?

Should be fine dangittt.

watts.jpg

The amount of watch that your air conditioning is drawing is giving you an example of what it uses while it’s running. When that compressor kicks in, you’re doubling the amount of load and will pop the breaker every time… your link doesn’t tell me whether you’re running off of it your power supply at your house or are you using a generator. I am not an electrician, but I can assure you that when that compressor kicks in you’re pulling twice the amperage that you would normally pull while it is running.

Overloaded. Fans it is!!!!!!

The amount of watch that your air conditioning is drawing is giving you an example of what it uses while it’s running. When that compressor kicks in, you’re doubling the amount of load and will pop the breaker every time… your link doesn’t tell me whether you’re running off of it your power supply at your house or are you using a generator. I am not an electrician, but I can assure you that when that compressor kicks in you’re pulling twice the amperage that you would normally pull while it is running.
Running off of a 1200 watt running 2300 watt starting generator.

Welp, I'll be investing in a bigger generator, LOL.

you're pulling more wattage than the genset is making...mebbe 1800 watts on load...

Just saw this the starting load is too great.
If you can stagger loads so all is not on at the same time it will help.
We have a 8kw genset generac propane and it handles a 5and a 10 btus and a freezer and fridge

Welp, I'll be investing in a bigger generator, LOL.
When you invest in a generator if you can know aqnd manage your loads the smaller the better imho.
fuel consumption and Aquisition is and can be a problem .
We have a propane tank and get it delivered but Im not beyond shuttin it down to conserve .
I have a lot of cordless stuff with lighting not being a issue

I have a 12 KW generator that has a twin cylinder Honda motor on it that runs on propane. I have 2–250 gallon LP tanks underground and can run everything I have on that. It pretty much sits at an idle for most of the time, unless the well kicks in or an air conditioning compressor turns on.

I have a 12 KW generator that has a twin cylinder Honda motor on it that runs on propane. I have 2–250 gallon LP tanks underground and can run everything I have on that. It pretty much sits at an idle for most of the time, unless the well kicks in or an air conditioning compressor turns on.
well is a issue for a lot of folks
we are fortunate with city water.
For the most part you are not using much fuel not under load.
The new invertors are frugal with fuel

I’ve got two wells and two air conditioners up on the front half of the property. One well it won’t kick on because it’s for irrigation but I’ve got a 2 hp well for the house and when that kicks on you can hear the generator speed up the air conditioners don’t seem to draw near as much as the well…

Latest posts

Back