Powergrower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gangalama

curious observer
Reaction score
has anyone used a powergrower from general hydroponics???//////

I tried a system like that before. It was all the same parts that you install in a 5 gal. bucket. I didn't like it because the drip ring is so wide that it didn't water the roots enough until the plant grew large enough. I prefer a simple 5 gal. bucket dwc system. It works better and you could make up two or more of them for the same money. Also less things to go wrong and easier to set up. Drip systems get clogged, especially if you have hard water like I do.

kasgrow said:
I tried a system like that before. It was all the same parts that you install in a 5 gal. bucket. I didn't like it because the drip ring is so wide that it didn't water the roots enough until the plant grew large enough. I prefer a simple 5 gal. bucket dwc system. It works better and you could make up two or more of them for the same money. Also less things to go wrong and easier to set up. Drip systems get clogged, especially if you have hard water like I do.

I second this opinion, I have some waterfarms and I like them better, the drip covers a better area. They are not bad units but it really does depend on what you plan on doing with it. Like I said I like the system but it has some maintenence required...nothing like clogged drips as the previous poster mentioned. I have 3 waterfarms and I use them often, just have to make sure the drip pieces are kept clean thats all really. Maybe some distilled water? Also I will admit the drip is pretty easy to clean, they make it accessible and it's not too difficult to scrub it clean. Good luck with your decision. Also if it's like the waterfarm you will get some free nutes...yay GH 3 part.

Latest posts

Back