Pro-Marijuana Group Issues $10K Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Pro-marijuana advocates will rally in at University Medical Center in Las Vegas Wednesday in an effort to prove the drug is safer than alcohol.

The Marijuana Policy Project of Nevada, a group seeking to end what it calls “marijuana prohibition” and reduce criminal penalties for using the drug, is also kicking off its “$10,000 Challenge” event.

The group said will pay $10,000 to anyone who can disprove three statements that demonstrate marijuana is safer than alcohol. Cash will not be on display; instead organizers will showcase a mock check for $10,000.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/kkvjdo

:D

Ha!Ha!Ha!

NOBODY is going home with 10k NOBODY :D

Check this out all. Finally an organization with the courage to put their money where their mouth is.

MPP of Nevada to Offer $10,000 Challenge: Marijuana is Safer Than Alcohol -- Prove Us Wrong and We'll Pay $10,000

September 21, 2009
LAS VEGAS -- At a Las Vegas news conference Sept. 23, the Marijuana Policy Project of Nevada will announce details of a $10,000 challenge to the people of Nevada. MPP-NV will pay $10,000 to anyone who can disprove three statements of fact that demonstrate that marijuana is objectively and unquestionably safer than alcohol.
MPP-NV manager Dave Schwartz will unveil a large mock check for $10,000 as he announces specifics of the challenge, which kicks off a long-term public education campaign regarding the relative harms of marijuana and alcohol, and the harm caused by marijuana prohibition.
WHAT: News conference to announce the Marijuana Policy Project of Nevada's $10,000 challenge
WHO: MPP-NV manager Dave Schwartz
WHEN: Wednesday, Sept. 23, 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: Near the emergency room entrance of University Medical Center Hospital (behind the hospital), corner of Goldring Avenue and Rose Street, Las Vegas.

hxxp://www.mpp.org/news/press-releases/nv/mpp-of-nevada-to-offer.html
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbJTM1NXw8&feature=player_embedded

September 23, 2009
LAS VEGAS — At a Las Vegas news conference today, the Marijuana Policy Project of Nevada announced details of a $10,000 challenge to the people of Nevada. MPP-NV will pay $10,000 to anyone who can disprove three statements of fact that demonstrate that marijuana is objectively and unquestionably safer than alcohol.

MPP-NV manager Dave Schwartz unveiled a large mock check for $10,000 as he announced specifics of the challenge, which kicked off a long-term public education campaign regarding the relative harms of marijuana and alcohol, and the harm caused by marijuana prohibition.

MPP-NV is challenging Nevadans to disprove the following three statements of fact:

1. Alcohol is significantly more toxic than marijuana, making death by overdose far more likely with alcohol.

2. The health effects from long-term alcohol consumption cause tens of thousands of more deaths in the U.S. annually than the health effects from the long-term consumption of marijuana.

3. Violent crime committed by individuals intoxicated by alcohol is far more prevalent in the U.S. than violent crime committed by individuals intoxicated by marijuana only.

To receive the $10,000 award, Nevada residents must provide peer-reviewed studies or government statistics that contradict all three of these statements.

“We are confident that we won’t need to pay out this $10,000,” said Schwartz. “Marijuana is objectively and unquestionably less harmful than alcohol, as these three well-documented statements show. Alcohol is more toxic than marijuana, more likely to be lethal -- either by overdose or chronic use -- and more likely to contribute to violence. For good measure, alcohol is also more addictive than marijuana. As we consider whether to reform our marijuana laws, it is important that the people of Nevada understand these facts.”

hxxp://www.mpp.org/news/press-releases/nv/mpp-of-nevada-details-10000.html

Betting against someone who already knows the answer is pretty stupid. It's almost like betting someone that the sun won't rise tomorrow.

Stoney, this one is a no brainer. But after reading your posts for some time, and the plethora of random (confirmable) facts I seen you spew, I'm not sure I want to bet against you in any random fact/trivia based contest. :rofl:

cadlakmike1 said:
Stoney, this one is a no brainer. But after reading your posts for some time, and the plethora of random (confirmable) facts I seen you spew, I'm not sure I want to bet against you in any random fact/trivia based contest. :rofl:
Ha! My mind is like a flea market. You never know what you're going to find in there, but it's junk that someone somewhere wants. :D

wow... yeah there will be no payout on that one...ive smoked for almost 30 years and i will def say you cant OD on weed LOL if it could be done i wouldnt be here :D i will take smoke over booze anyday!

Latest posts

Back