pro-pot activist dies at 80

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
simon.jpg
12 July 2009
- Simon Vinkenoog, born in 1928, was a successful and well liked Dutch poet and writer. He was the editor of the anthology Atonaal (Atonal), which launched the Dutch "Fifties Movement". In 2004 he was the official 'Dichter des Vaderlands' (Poet Laureate) for the Netherlands.

Vinkenoog was also Holland's best known and most prominent pro-cannabis advocate and was often seen at public functions holding a joint. In November 2008, Simon Vinkenoog recieved the 'Cannabis Cultuur Prijs' from the hands of the founder of the Marijuana Museum in Amsterdam, Ben Dronkers.

On July 11, 2009 Vinkenoog was admitted to a Amsterdam hospital after suffering a seizure. He died the following day. His sudden death was front-page news in the Netherlands this morning.

someone should name a strain after him .

R.I.P. Simon Vinkenoog! Thank you for your leadership and activism during all those many years! - RT

He had a long and interesting life. At 81, he had seen and lived through an incredibly fascinating time of history.

Holy crap! I had no idea this guy even existed. A stoner that was older than me! I wish he and I could have gotten together and twisted up a fattie!

Latest posts

Back