problems inside soil medium

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doja

Stay High
Reaction score
hello everyone.
i am currently having problems with the soil. its been goin on for about two - three weeks and getting very irritated. yesterday when i went to cultivate soil before i water a bunch of small flies started to fly. really similar to gnats, not fungus gnats because i had an earlier post and a moderator or someone showed a pic of a fungus gnat and it doesnt look like that. can anyone help me with this problem if they can help tell me what they are and few tricks to get rid of them.
i have already tried mixing cooking oil hot sauce and lemon/ lime juice with water to make a spray but they are in the soil mostly. dont see much on the actual plant. are these pests harmful to the plant becuase so far i havent noticed anything different to the plant. they have definitley multiplied and thats is why it has raised my eyebrow to elimate them. thanks

if your soil is really moist and there isn't an osilating fan keeping your air moving, you could have developed pests just by high humidity. i wouldn't go spraying anything just yet, try and dry up your soil enough so that the first inch or so is fairly dry and try using a fan if not already. what size containers are you using and what does your medium consist of? hope this helps and you are able to get your grow back on track.
~T-Bone

T-Bone said:
if your soil is really moist and there isn't an osilating fan keeping your air moving, you could have developed pests just by high humidity. i wouldn't go spraying anything just yet, try and dry up your soil enough so that the first inch or so is fairly dry and try using a fan if not already. what size containers are you using and what does your medium consist of? hope this helps and you are able to get your grow back on track.
~T-Bone
they are in 5 gallon pots and this is outside hence outdoor cultivation. its fox farm ocean forest

I was told these kind of bug hatch in the soil and attack your roots. Keep the topsoil dry. There is a product buy Fox Farm called Dont Bug Me Spray. Seemed to work for me. Give that a shot.

Latest posts

Back